• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

On 1/9/2022 at 9:46 PM, RealSlimSladeyy said:

So, Blanco, just to be clear, you’re suggesting that because some Derby fans gave it large on social media about Mel Morris they now deserve no sympathy over the fact they stand to lose their football club? 

My impression is that most Derby fans fully accept that Morris was in the wrong and that Gibson was justified in seeking punishment for Derby’s wrongdoing. Where they take issue is him pursuing legal action over the fact we missed out on the playoffs to them in 2018/19. This complicates/stalls any chance of a takeover for them and therefore puts them at a heightened risk of liquidation. 

As should be obvious to any football fan, football clubs are at the heart of so many communities. Middlesbrough FC is certainly vital to not just Middlesbrough the town but to so much of Teesside. Imagine the heartbreak if we stood to lose our football club - perhaps you’re old enough to remember 86 so maybe you know this feeling first hand. They’re a club on their knees and yet Gibson is going for the kill over a flimsy case due to what appears to be a personal vendetta.

Sure, it was irritating that some Derby fans praised Morris’ actions and chanted stuff against Gibson when we played them. But I think this sentiment among boro fans that because of this Derby fans deserve to see their football club disappear and, what’s more, that we’re okay with our chairman potentially contributing to this, is disproportionate in the extreme.

Sympathy, empathy, understanding, it’s not difficult.

This clearly hasn’t aged well since it came out that Gibson’s claim is in fact a minor stumbling block in Derby’s pursuit to find a buyer.

Still think it’s proper weird behaviour to actively want another team to liquidate. 

There’s so much going right with boro right now I really wish this distraction wasn’t here. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Reports in Turkey that Hull are going to sack their manager.

Their new owner will want to make his mark, but since he bought them Hulls results have massively improved, so looks like a sacking that the current boss can do nothing about if it happens.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Roy Hodgson to be announced shortly.

I think you are listening to sky sports news too!

Don't think it's a good move for either Hodgson or Watford. Hodgson does best when he is given time to build. He does not do well as a 'magic bullet' appointment. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, White Band said:

Don't think it's a good move for either Hodgson or Watford. Hodgson does best when he is given time to build. He does not do well as a 'magic bullet' appointment. 

Just an easy couple of quid isn't it? Go in, lose a couple of games, get sacked, get paid. Seems a great move for any manager not interested in managing for longer than a couple of months.

I'm pretty sure Watford think they're onto a winning tactic when sacking managers all the time, too. Which is insane, really.

• Like 1

I actually think it's a good appointment.

He did well at Crystal Palace, his age ensures that he'll be fine with the short term nature of the job, and he can go in the summer regardless.

I hope it proves to be one, anything to get Newcastle down.

12 hours ago, White Band said:

He'll be gone in the Summer and the Pozzos will start the cycle all over again. 🙄

If they weren't before, Watford are officially a meme club now, for everything that is wrong about having foreign owners, who have zero understanding of the league their club is playing in and won't give their managers the time & resources to actually build anything. 🤦‍♂️

Their revolving door policy may have helped them stay up a few times, but this will be a season too far IMO. 

If I were a Watford fan I think I'd switch allegiances to Palace or Fulham. The Pozzos clearly don't give a crap about the club and seem happy to achieve PL survival every season. Really hope they fail this time.

• Like 1