oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Wilder talked to him, realised it would be more of a problem than it was worth and let him stay there. He said as much by saying we only want players who want to be here.

Spence could angle for a move while here, yeah, but if he's already unsettled he's starting from a much lower point than a fresh slate at Forest.

I don't know why you're so unwilling to accept that Djed has an attitude problem. It's been noted throughout his entire career basically. It's not a secret.

Leicester fan ran on and punched a Forest player while they were celebrating a goal.

Wilder spoke to him because he wanted him back, just to be clear. You said something to the contrary of that and it's just wrong. Also, Spence saying he'd rather stay at Forest is neither a surprise, nor indicative of having a bad attitude, he has found a manager who clearly likes him and who he likes to play for, why on earth would he risk that coming back here and Wilder potentially not liking him or him not being able to get past Jones for a start? 

You're placing a lot of stock in Warnocks comments, given the inocuousness of what happened in one game that caused Woodgate to drop him once. It certainly doesn't equate to an attitude problem to me.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Just as a side point, Forest’s formation although playing with wing backs is slightly different to ours. 

Spence has Johnson infront of him and I think that definitely helps him, not having to be the sole attacking outlet on that side. Imo Jones is the better attacker out of the two, and is more direct with his pace (wish Spence was more direct as he’s also rapid). 

Basically I’m not so sure Spence could replicate Jones’ form in our (slightly different) formation, but I’m sure he could do a job. 

Yeah I know, that's why I specifically said about how I'd have liked to see them both play i.e. that we could change our formation slightly and have Spence and Jones on the right hand side.  I think that would worry most teams at this level.  I would probably move Tavernier out to the left or McGree as well.  Same back three, Balogun I guess ahead of Tav or perhaps Watmore, and then whichever striker you choose.  Easy for me to say it like of course.  I just think a Spence/Jones right hand side could be pretty good, and it's a road not taken, although there's plenty of them obviously.

3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Just as a side point, Forest’s formation although playing with wing backs is slightly different to ours. 

Spence has Johnson infront of him and I think that definitely helps him, not having to be the sole attacking outlet on that side. Imo Jones is the better attacker out of the two, and is more direct with his pace (wish Spence was more direct as he’s also rapid). 

Simply put, Jones is a winger who has converted really well to wing-back. Spence is an attacking right-back or wing-back who was being asked to play as a winger by Warnock.

Jones plays the furthest forward of our team on the right with Dijksteel supporting him. Spence would struggle to do that. At Forest, Johnson is the furthest forward. 

Perhaps ironically, my understanding is that at Sheffield, Wilder's wing-backs were more defensive and playing to a system that would suit Spence better than Jones. With us, Wilder and Knill have clearly decided that having Jones at the tip of the attack suits us better on the right. 

Just read through comments on why he was sent out and why he was allowed to stay. NW sent him to so call sort himself out while Chris stated if he was here at the season he won’t have done the same. Chris having spoken with Spence mutually agreed from him to stay until the end of the season. Spence had a preference to remain until the end of season and Chris was happy enough to do so because of Isaiah Jones form. 
This is sensible because we will be rebuilding during the summer which gives Chris two options. If Spence does well and there is interest at the right price Chris wins. The second. He brings him back and spends nothing expanding his squad with a known quality.  

• Like 1

I think Jones is getting more plaudits by Boro fans because Jones has delivered in a boro shirt. 

Let’s not beat around the bush, it was very rare that Spence did well on a consistent basis for us. Whereas Jones has. 

As you can see from the image, Spence just didn’t have any impact on games like he is doing now. 

Fair play to Spence for doing that and it’s obviously been a move which has benefitted him from a playing POV and it suits us as a financial one. 

I don’t think Boro fans are that bothered because Jones has played well but contributed which is something that Spence didn’t do with us, so we’re not missing out. 

Spence came up against a youngster yesterday in Thomas. Harvey Barnes was hooked off at half time because he wasn’t tracking back which allowed Spence to grow into the game. And fair play to him as he took his chance. 

Jones on the other hand was playing against a full strength united squad who are up there with one of the best counter attacking teams. For what it’s worth, Jones also had to contend with Luke Shaw and McTomminay, but still managed to set up Watmore to knock the ball into Crooks. 

It’s such a pointless argument going on about how Spence did better than Jones because they played in different teams, systems and circumstances. 

81D87C84-08A1-41A4-B10C-4E8DA122F2E6.jpeg

Regardless of whether Spence did well, og would have done even better had he stayed and the circumstances would have allowed for a better relationship between club and player, we would still be selling him if it's true that we are looking at a 10+ million fee. It's a massive succes story considering we brought him in on a free. If we aren't promoted and we get something like 12 million for him, then that is a massive boost to Wilders transfer budget and should quite easily be enough to get a lwb and some strikers. And that's even before looking at the loan market. So despite not playing for us, Spence can be a massive influence in next seasons promotion push (if we are still in the league). Let's just cross our collective fingers that he isn't getting injured.

• Like 3

I wonder what Fulham fans and Jokanavic who was their Manager the time now think about Spence and how they badly screwed up. Not even so much as a sell on fee for Spence as he was released at the end of his contract. Hopefully they are examining the contents of their belly button fluff looking for answers and blame apportionment.

42 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I wonder what Fulham fans and Jokanavic who was their Manager the time now think about Spence and how they badly screwed up. Not even so much as a sell on fee for Spence as he was released at the end of his contract. Hopefully they are examining the contents of their belly button fluff looking for answers and blame apportionment.

Maybe he showed the same "attitude" issues he's alledged to posess and so they are happy with the decision.

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Every club has players who have slipped through the system. Some on this level whilst Chelsea had more superstars that they released.