oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

35 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

.... Because you're English. 

As a neutral,

I don't actually disagree with your point that Spain were better, but I don't think you can really call yourself a neutral on this.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

I thought England was pretty entertaining during the tournament. After 1-0 in the final though it was dreadfull. Dont know if it was Italy that was that much better or England who just went into full defence mode or a combo...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm not "conceding defeat" I'm just mocking your national team for funsies.

Italy might have had more shots or attacks or whatever but they weren't fun to watch IMO, constantly slowing their games down by faking injuries, playing dirty etc.

Not saying England were whiter than pure snow or the shirts on their backs but I found our games much more enjoyable to watch.

At least you didn't mention diving ala Sterling👊

15 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

I thought England was pretty entertaining during the tournament. After 1-0 in the final though it was dreadfull. Dont know if it was Italy that was that much better or England who just went into full defence mode or a combo...

If I remember rightly, we sat off a bit and never looked to capitalise on the position we were in. But then we hadn't conceded a goal until the semi-final and that goal was a superb free-kick so you can somewhat understand why we did.

Won't lie, I ended up too drunk for the final and I can barely remember most of what happened between our goal and the shootout.

For understandable reasons, I've never been able to bring myself to watch it back.

9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Won't lie, I ended up too drunk for the final and I can barely remember most of what happened between our goal and the shootout.

For understandable reasons, I've never been able to bring myself to watch it back.

I still haven't watched the World Cup semi highlights let alone the Euros final. 

Only a few months until it can be overwritten with some fresh trauma 😁

• Haha 1

I just think its hilarious that the reigning European champions got knocked out like that.

Although I guess that means North Macedonia are also better than England... 🤷‍♂️

I mean we do struggle to break down defensive teams...

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I still haven't watched the World Cup semi highlights let alone the Euros final. 

Only a few months until it can be overwritten with some fresh trauma 😁

England and Boro do seem intent on inflicting fresh mental scars as often as possible...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

England and Boro do seem intent on inflicting fresh mental scars as often as possible...

Just think of those poor entitled Chelsea/City/Liverpool supporters having to endure England performances. Then there are those poor Spurs/United/Arsenal fans who have been hit with a massive double whammy of underwhelming disappointment. At least Boro fans have the antibodies for such massive let downs, we have been immune to it from Birth!

• Like 1
On 3/24/2022 at 11:44 AM, TeaCider24 said:

It would have been a done thing, as there no other bids until literally the day of deadline for submissions.

They were set to announce that we were hosting it next month, as we were unopposed, but now with Turkey's bid they can't announce who the host is until September 2023.

We allegedly withdrew our bid for the 2030 World Cup specifically because we were promised Euro 2028 for doing so.

Bloody politics!

If they're going to be like that, why even bother submitting bids? Why not just have a rotating schedule? To give it an extra edge, if the host nation wins, they get to host the next tournament...bit like our matchday threads... 😁

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Bloody politics!

If they're going to be like that, why even bother submitting bids? Why not just have a rotating schedule? To give it an extra edge, if the host nation wins, they get to host the next tournament...bit like our matchday threads... 😁

And Eurovision

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

And Eurovision

Hush you!

We do not speak of The Farcical Competition That Must Not Be Named on here.

penguin falling GIF

Edited by AnglianRed