oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

14 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

I think they were the last ones to get a sale in before the rules changed last summer. They’ve always been against the FFP limits - purely because the owners are happy to pump any amount of money in and don’t see why they shouldn’t.

If I recall the two Covid seasons have been amalgamated and averaged as one year in FFP terms (?) does that mean they only essentially benefit from half of the money from the stadium sale? Stoke look like they were even worse with money than we were when we got relegated...

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Foogle said:

If I recall the two Covid seasons have been amalgamated and averaged as one year in FFP terms (?) does that mean they only essentially benefit from half of the money from the stadium sale? Stoke look like they were even worse with money than we were when we got relegated...

Yes, that’s correct. However, they made a “profit” of around £30m on the stadium, so even half of that is £15m. From the articles written about Stoke,this £15m makes the difference between staying within FFP and breaching it. They were in Premier league in 2017/18, so were allowed higher losses that year of £35m. That means total allowable losses for the last FFP period - 17/18, 18/19 and average of 19/20 and 20/21 they could lose £61m. Add on the costs that don’t come within FFP, such as infrastructure costs , academy and the Covid allowable expenses and the total losses were probably £80 to £90m, even after the profit on the sale.

The downside for them now is that to get that valuation approved they entered into a leasing deal to lease the stadium back at £4.75m per year. That will bite severely into the £13m a year they are now allowed to lose so will constrain them going forward.

• Like 3

What an amazing career he has had for sheer longevity & all those promotions ( not to mention saving a few from relegation) Another great character gone from the game. Wishing him well in his retirement. 

• Like 1

100% he will come out of retirement if someone offers him a job. People will be talking about him again right now which I've no doubt will be a good moment for him, once again getting to reflect on his long career. But I'd hold off on the idea that West Brom away as Boro manager was actually his swan song.

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

100% he will come out of retirement if someone offers him a job. People will be talking about him again right now which I've no doubt will be a good moment for him, once again getting to reflect on his long career. But I'd hold off on the idea that West Brom away as Boro manager was actually his swan song.

He was in talks with Sunderland earlier this season. I think he still has the desire.

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

He was in talks with Sunderland earlier this season. I think he still has the desire.

Indeed, I just don't think the right opportunity has come up yet. There's no way in my mind that he's lost the bug. He's been here before God knows how many times. He'll come back if someone wants him, I think he's probably just finding that nobody is really itching to put him in charge of a team right now. 

Rotherham look to be imploding at the final hurdle right now in League One, which is a shame.

They were 10 points clear at the top earlier in the season and now they've dropped to third with 1 win in 6.

I hope they can turn their form around and also beat Sunderland.

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Rotherham look to be imploding at the final hurdle right now in League One, which is a shame.

They were 10 points clear at the top earlier in the season and now they've dropped to third with 1 win in 6.

I hope they can turn their form around and also beat Sunderland.

Probably exhausted themselves winning the Papa John's Trophy