oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

4 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Well of course both Leeds and Burnley are threatening legal action against League and Everton. Be rather ironic if Gibsons actions set a precedent and the relegated club got a huge windfall in compensation.  

It's nothing to do with Gibson's precedent though.

Two different organisations and we settled out of court with Mel Morris personally, the EFL did not give us anything.

We're not the first club to try and take legal action.

Even in our specific case, Leeds were going to take legal action against Derby themselves until they were promoted and it became irrelevant to them.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's nothing to do with Gibson's precedent though.

Two different organisations and we settled out of court with Mel Morris personally, the EFL did not give us anything.

We're not the first club to try and take legal action.

Even in our specific case, Leeds were going to take legal action against Derby themselves until they were promoted and it became irrelevant to them.

I didn’t mean a legal precedent and I know it’s different organisations. Even so it was all about FFP and alleged breaking of rules and Gibson has supposedly got money for Boro out of threatening legal action. That’s sure to make other clubs try the same route. 

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Leeds winning, they're staying up, I can't see them conceding twice and I can't see Burnley equalising.

Better for us in my opinion. Think leeds would have a better chance of going up than burnley

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

What a title battle this has been.

I worry about the state of modern football though, PSG and City just taking it out of reach for everyone at this point. 

People only supporting Liverpool because of City's ascent 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I worry about the state of modern football though, PSG and City just taking it out of reach for everyone at this point. 

People only supporting Liverpool because of City's ascent 

I do appreciate your point and I think you're right, but PSG lost the league last season and City did 2 seasons ago.

It's harder, but it's not impossible.

Lille won the league and I couldn't name a single one of their players.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I do appreciate your point and I think you're right, but PSG lost the league last season and City did 2 seasons ago.

It's harder, but it's not impossible.

Lille won the league and I couldn't name a single one of their players.

Yeah that's true. i'm still reeling from the Mbappe news and then was watching City and remembered that Haaland is incoming too. 

Burnley getting relegated instead of Leeds is good for the likes of us in the Championship next season. Burnley have loads of players out of contract, an ageing squad, only recently ripped up Dyche's successful foundations and are loaded with loads of debt following their takeover by an American consortium so aren't going to be in a particularly good place next season. Watford and Norwich have undoubtedly had poor seasons in the Premier League but still have the same effective foundations that have proven their ability to bounce back from relegation in previous seasons.

• Like 1