oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

13 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I think Burnley were bought out in some debt-financing thing that factored in PL money - so firesale and years of struggle incoming for them 

They owe MSF what is being described as a “substantial” repayment of the £65m loan as a result of relegation. 

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, boksicdink said:

I think Burnley were bought out in some debt-financing thing that factored in PL money - so firesale and years of struggle incoming for them 

With regards to  Burnley, Gary Neville said on Sky sports that he feels any parachute payment money will be going upstairs so it looks like Burnley with so many players coming out of contract they'll need one hell of a scouting network.

Burnley will lose Nick Pope and I don't normally like helping our championship rivals, but I know where they can pick up one helluva keeper at a very very reasonable price a lad called Lumley. 

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Didn't get nearly enough time to turn it around.

6th in the form table since he took over with Granada in 17th.

Sadly the team 5th in the form table was Mallorca who were 18th when he took over.

Did well with results despite the relegation.

Missing a penalty and hitting the post in a 0-0 draw to send you down is going to sting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've been following Granada since Karanka joined them. Their form noticeably improved and finished the season strongly with 8 points from their final 5 games. Even in their game today they missed a 72nd minute penalty that would have kept them up.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, "KM" said:

Schtee...I mean Steve will have them in schtitches with his Dutch accent. 😆

Still, he'll feel right at home back at Old Trafford.

Only issue is the lack of depth at left back when Chillwell and Shaw are injured.

Maddison probably deserved to be in the squad too on performances, but can't argue with much else.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Only issue is the lack of depth at left back when Chillwell and Shaw are injured.

Maddison probably deserved to be in the squad too on performances, but can't argue with much else.

Think we're at the point now with the strength of the squad that there is always going to be worthy players left out. A far cry from a few years ago!