oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

BBC yesterday confirmed Man Utd are rubbish...you may have missed it unless you're an avid fan of their news channel...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61563153

(It was actually a mischievous trainee putting stuff on the ticker. Surprised they don't have a separate system for training purposes...)

They probably do have a test system but I bet the trainee 'published' it to the live platform by accident. Although I really hope it wasn't an accident. 😄

Definitely had to laugh at the BBC saying it was a 'glitch', that seems incredibly unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

What's the thought on that for Benzema then? I'm mostly confused that nobody is talking about the involvement of the Real Madrid player who attempts to play the ball. Surely the only way that the deflections and the unintentional nature of them matter is if the Real Madrid player that comes in for it actually gets a touch.

If the ball makes it from Benzema back to Benzema without touching a single other Real Madrid player, how can he be offside? I thought offside was only possible if the ball is played from one player to another. The only meaningful touch then would be Konate's attempt to control the ball. It deflects off Allisson, Konate and Fabinho. It's in the middle of that, is it Valverde who attempts to get a touch?

On 5/26/2022 at 6:41 PM, Neverbefore said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18688908/neil-warnock-rowan-vine-qpr-money/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballfacebook250522&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1653515805

Only just seeing this. Only a claim at the moment, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest given the man's character. Absolute scum.

That article also says Vine is 2nd player to make such a claim after Puncheon accused Warnock of similar.

Does not look good for him thar two players accusing the same managwr of the same thing. And its quite a specific allegation so does not seem likes based on bitterness etc.

5 hours ago, TLF10 said:

That article also says Vine is 2nd player to make such a claim after Puncheon accused Warnock of similar.

Does not look good for him thar two players accusing the same manager of the same thing. And its quite a specific allegation so does not seem likes based on bitterness etc.

It seems very specific otherwise you would have thought that more Players would have come out of the woodwork since Puncheon made his claim eight years ago. All those decades managing Clubs and all those Players in and out of Squads must amount to at least 500 Players that he has managed and probably getting on for upwards of 700 to a thousand. It's not even as if there is a stigma attached to it as in the Barry Bennell situation where understandably Players might be hesitant in coming forward. 

Add in that his particular manner and style of being blunt to put it mildly and it's not unreasonable to assume that there will be a quite a few Players with a grudge against him who fell out due to being dropped, sold or not having a contract renewed. I think it's more likely a throw away Warnock wind up to a dropped Player saying you'd have to pay me to play you that's maybe gone too far or taken literally in a naïve and gullible way depending on the Player's grasp. Two Players and all the highs and lows and extremes of emotions in the game over three and a half decades just doesn't add up to me unless of course the Sun now reveal that another twenty, thirty or so Players back the claim with similar experiences. 

The Sun Newspaper hardly have a track record for honest truthful Journalism especially with regards to Footballing matters. If a formal complaint is made the FA would have to look into the claim but the Sun's own story contradicts themselves. They open off with "FA chiefs will investigate explosive claims that Neil Warnock demanded a £6,000 kickback from one of his players" but they then end the article with "SunSport understands the FA is aware of the video and that disciplinary chiefs have been asked to investigate"

As a Journalist wouldn't you want to sniff around a bit and do some digging with other Players and get a really big story? Time will tell whether it's just cheap tabloid clickbait or genuine though it has got me thinking as to how Connolly got all those starts!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lol at Liverpool

Well at least they still did the double this season...or a double of sorts...

Feel bad for the fans though...shocking behaviour by the French police and stewards.

Still, I feel we're reaping the whirlwind for the Euros. Foreign authorities will view all England fans as potential hooligans and treat them accordingly, probably for the next few years at least. The recent spate of pitch invasions likely won't have helped.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Feel bad for the fans though...shocking behaviour by the French police and stewards.

Still, I feel we're reaping the whirlwind for the Euros. Foreign authorities will view all England fans as potential hooligans and treat them accordingly, probably for the next few years at least. The recent spate of pitch invasions likely won't have helped.

If I was a French copper I'd be getting my baguette out too

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If I was a French copper I'd be getting my baguette out too

image.png.36376365eb9e6830fd8c565f633a1d44.png

I've heard they do that regardless of whether there's likely to be a riot or not... 😉

30 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I’ve just said the exact same thing. I’m sure the French police looked at the euros final videos and planned their strategy on that. Unfortunately In the the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s British fans/hooligans have been causing devastation across Europe and it’s going to take a massive amount of time and good will to try and change the perception we have. 
All of this doesn’t help those Liverpool fans that (it seems) behaved exemplary in difficult circumstances but unfortunately it’s the few morons spoiling it for the masses again 

• Like 2

According to sky most of the fans without tickets where French, no Liverpool fans seen doing anything, the organisation was a shambles. As reported by Sky reporters working and others just going to the game as part of the crowd.