oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Although not an excuse for the performances. These are pretty much dead rubber fixtures with half a*sed effort after a long season. De Bruyne said as much and even France have been winless in all 4 of their games. Obviously and ideally we were expecting better results right now but I think the Autumn games are the ones to be concerned about if this run continues.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Although not an excuse for the performances. These are pretty much dead rubber fixtures with half a*sed effort after a long season. De Bruyne said as much and even France have been winless in all 4 of their games. Obviously and ideally we were expecting better results right now but I think the Autumn games are the ones to be concerned about if this run continues.

The only ones who cares are those small football countries like Denmark, Norway and Hungary... 😜 

Cardiff just signed eighth new player, Ryan Allsop, ex-Derby,  seem to be doing a lot of business very early..  thought we might have been looking at him as, despite conceding four against, he had a good season and earned them quite a few points  

9 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Cardiff just signed eighth new player, Ryan Allsop, ex-Derby,  seem to be doing a lot of business very early..  thought we might have been looking at him as, despite conceding four against, he had a good season and earned them quite a few points  

Cardiff gone full scatter gun approach. Although its exciting for fans, it normally never ever works. Happy for us to chill for a bit

• Like 1

Agree.    just thought he was a possibility. good age, available on free and looked decent whenever I've seen him..  obviously mostly in highlights but probably would have been an upgrade  

On 6/16/2022 at 7:28 PM, Old Codger said:

Cardiff just signed eighth new player, Ryan Allsop, ex-Derby,  seem to be doing a lot of business very early.

To be fair to Cardiff, they've let a lot of players go. I'm surprised they let Vaulks go, I thought he looked a very good player when at Rotherham.

I'm also very interested to see how their new signing Adams adapts to the Championship. He's been brilliant for Forest Green for a couple of seasons now.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:38 PM, nunthorpered said:

Cardiff gone full scatter gun approach. Although its exciting for fans, it normally never ever works. Happy for us to chill for a bit

Agreed. Boro are supposedly working to a plan, to create Wilder's dream team (or as close to it as possible). If we're being more selective it will take longer to firm up some deals.

1 hour ago, Crackers said:

this is mental

This bit did make me laugh:

"This unfortunately means that there is no longer room for a full eleven a side sized football pitch at Wheatsheaf Park, namely that the penalty box now belongs to another party"

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Crackers said:

this is mental

Wow. That’s long list of an absolute bunch of ***.

At least STFC are trying to hold on to a slither of morality 

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Wow. That’s long list of an absolute bunch of ***.

At least STFC are trying to hold on to a slither of morality 

It does seem like quite a distant, indirect immorality though. If I've got it right, the owner of the ground is owned by an investment fund who also have investments in other companies who have been involved in bribery and the financing of crimes. 

You can probably come up with links to crimes like that all over the place, including in most of our pensions.

if the reclaimed penalty area at Wheatsheaf Park can now be used as a metaphor, then around the rings of Uranus, someone will definitely be taking another few inches in the box tonight.

Absolutely batsh!t mental 🤣

On 6/19/2022 at 11:26 AM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Bordeaux, who were recently relegated from Ligue 1, have been relegated again (before a ball has been kicked) due to their financial issues. They are now in the third tier of French football.

Oof - sounds like a perfect candidate for Mike Ashley if his Derby bid doesn't work out.

• Haha 1

thats severe, makes you laugh at the punishments dished out by english authorities and even then there seems to be extra escape systems in place for any london based club. the harshest i recall was rangers being demoted 3 tiers and thus enabling celtic to bask in glory and self acclaim for winning everything for 5 years. 

• Like 1
On 6/19/2022 at 8:02 AM, Crackers said:

this is mental

Bloody dodgy football club owners! 😡

Seems clear that the due diligence process has too many loopholes in it, if former owners can conveniently leave out important facts that leave the new / current owners in a situation like that.

Unsurprisingly the FA and local MP do precisely what you'd expect...sweet FA! 🤦‍♂️