oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

On 6/19/2022 at 11:26 AM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Bordeaux, who were recently relegated from Ligue 1, have been relegated again (before a ball has been kicked) due to their financial issues. They are now in the third tier of French football.

thats giving their fans something to wine about

• Haha 4
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Bloody dodgy football club owners! 😡

Seems clear that the due diligence process has too many loopholes in it, if former owners can conveniently leave out important facts that leave the new / current owners in a situation like that.

Unsurprisingly the FA and local MP do precisely what you'd expect...sweet FA! 🤦‍♂️

would have thought though if you were buying it and the property that you would pay for simple searches on the property which would highlight this straight away, due dilliegence is a 2 way thing, shouldn't buy a business of significant value without paying your own people to veryfy and check everything out themselves. so feel like the last owner should have lied but they should bear some responsibility also.  

looks like McBurnie and Brewster going to be in court over the pitch invasion stuff. cannot see the reasoning behind prosecuting someone being attacked unless there are other circumstances I have missed  

42 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

looks like McBurnie and Brewster going to be in court over the pitch invasion stuff. cannot see the reasoning behind prosecuting someone being attacked unless there are other circumstances I have missed  

It’s ridiculous. They were in their workplace and people who had no right to invade their work space did so in a menacing manner. They had every right to defend themselves assuming that they did so.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

It’s ridiculous. They were in their workplace and people who had no right to invade their work space did so in a menacing manner. They had every right to defend themselves assuming that they did so.

They'll be pulled up as 'role models' and all that crap. I mean, maybe not and maybe we don't know what else went on. It's not the first time McBurnie in particular has been in trouble to my recollection but still, they surely don't do anything if the Forest fans don't come onto the pitch and indeed if all they've done is try to protect themselves and their teammates then power to them.

If people can't just run onto the pitch to celebrate with their own team then we will have to move as slow as the slowest in society and really clamp down on pitch invasions. It's so bloody dumb, I can't imagine any reason I'd want to be anywhere near any Sheffield United players, coaches, fans, anything after getting to Wembley.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

You're right like but knowing McBurnie he will probably get radged during the trial and stick one on the judge 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, Blanco said:

I'm not defending them by any stretch of the imagination as I think McBurnie is an odious example of a footballer.  

But what your saying is that if someone ran through your workplace calling obscenities in your direction, then it would be perfectly acceptable for you to stamp on them?

Just for the record, I did see the vid on social media at the time and i'm not 100% certain that he actually stamped on him, nor can I be certain that the obscenities were in the direction of McBurnie.

14 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

I'm not defending them by any stretch of the imagination as I think McBurnie is an odious example of a footballer.  

But what your saying is that if someone ran through your workplace calling obscenities in your direction, then it would be perfectly acceptable for you to stamp on them?

Just for the record, I did see the vid on social media at the time and i'm not 100% certain that he actually stamped on him, nor can I be certain that the obscenities were in the direction of McBurnie.

If you have no right to be somewhere you should behave impeccably or expect consequences if you don’t. 

• Like 1

The Sheffield United players had every right to expect to dejectedly walk off the pitch without fear, hindrance or intimidation just as losing sportsmen do in all sports be it Cricket, Tennis, Boxing, Rugby or Football and to be treated with respect in doing so. The Forest supporters had no right to be on the pitch and certainly no right to be antagonistic and in some cases physical with insults and abuse. By all means celebrate and be euphoric at the victory but clearly that wasn't enough for some.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

If you have no right to be somewhere you should behave impeccably or expect consequences if you don’t. 

I completely agree, there should be consequences and trust me i'm the type of person that believes that if someone does wrong by me then they had better watch their backs because I will catch up with them........Im a wish version of Liam Neeson 😂

I think that if they are facing prosecution then someone has deemed that the actions that they took were a little excessive and also a bit bloody stupid if you ask me when there are so many cameras about these days.

That guy that headbutted Billy Sharp....He got a 6 month sentence for what he did and the reason he got away lightly was because he claimed that he was a bit drunk and he stumbled towards Sharp and unfortunately made contact, this could not be disproved! 
I saw that video as well and what I saw was a man that saw Sharp and put his head down, sped up and charged into a player.....it was a disgusting and cowardly attack on a player that could have had very severe consequences.  

If a someone is physically attacked then they have the right to retaliate, but if it's just a bit of name calling then maybe it's not right.

8 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

If a someone is physically attacked then they have the right to retaliate, but if it's just a bit of name calling then maybe it's not right.

I agree with regards a bit of name calling (although even that is unacceptable after the game) but imagine you are surrounded by a few hundred opposition fans screaming, yelling vitriol at you. Do you fight or flight? I think most of us would choose flight but in the event that you can't see any chance of getting away from them then do you wait until the first punch is thrown or worse still a knife is stuck in you?

In that moment I think I'd be terrified or as a minimum have an extreme level of heightened concern with adrenalin levels through the roof. They should never have been put in that situation and both the Police and NFFC had a responsibility to their safety and well being and failed them on that occasion. I don't particularly like McBurnie but my guess is that he was somewhere between angry and terrified let alone the emotions of losing such an important game and had he been allowed to quietly walk away off the pitch he would have.

• Like 2