• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Genuinely though DS, what do you consider this thread for if it's not for talking about other games that Boro aren't involved in?

I'd say it's a more general Non-Boro Football thread, it has related to all sorts of football around the world in the past but mostly I'd say it accounts for the Premier League, which we don't have any other threads for.

I think we're probably alright using this whilst interest in the rest of the league is still in its early stages though. Think there's more call for a separate thread when the season is properly up and running and more people are actually watching the games on tele.

37 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Genuinely though DS, what do you consider this thread for if it's not for talking about other games that Boro aren't involved in?

As Wilson suggested, the other is purely for live Champo matches

35 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd say it's a more general Non-Boro Football thread, it has related to all sorts of football around the world in the past but mostly I'd say it accounts for the Premier League, which we don't have any other threads for.

I think we're probably alright using this whilst interest in the rest of the league is still in its early stages though. Think there's more call for a separate thread when the season is properly up and running and more people are actually watching the games on tele.

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

As Wilson suggested, the other is purely for live Champo matches

How many other people actively watch other teams games? I'm not convinced there's need of another thread personally. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

How many other people actively watch other teams games? I'm not convinced there's need of another thread personally. 🤷‍♂️

We'll see as the season progresses but there's definitely been situations in the past where matches are ongoing but there is a general discussion of football happening elsewhere and it all gets mixed together. This thread is all-encompassing, moreso than even the transfer thread is, so it's pretty likely there'll be crossover.

If it gets used brilliant if not it will drop down the front page then eventually off the forum no harm no foul. Nothing wrong with trying something new/different. 

incidentally, I watch nearly every game I can the only thing that changes is the priority for me. Which is usually something like

1)Any game Boro are  involved in

2)  any top six prem

3) any other prem

4) any other championship 

5) any other game at all

6) Jossy’s giants (Google it)

7) Old firm games

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Do I really want this in my Google history?

You won’t be disappointed. You can YouTube it off that makes you feel more comfortable 😂

54 minutes ago, Uwe said:

You won’t be disappointed. You can YouTube it off that makes you feel more comfortable 😂

Interesting - I grew up with a similar looking show Renford Rejects.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Uwe said:

If it gets used brilliant if not it will drop down the front page then eventually off the forum no harm no foul. Nothing wrong with trying something new/different. 

incidentally, I watch nearly every game I can the only thing that changes is the priority for me. Which is usually something like

1)Any game Boro are  involved in

2)  any top six prem

3) any other prem

4) any other championship 

5) any other game at all

6) Jossy’s giants (Google it)

7) Old firm games

Its okay...you're among friends here...you can tell us if you need help. 😉

We've never had a problem talking about other matches in this thread before though, seems odd to suddenly want to ringfence that chat in a new thread. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

To me championship games are directly related to and affect Boro's season whereas I started this thread way back when to discuss football unrelated to Boro. 

In that case I'll start discussing them in the Other Boro Stuff thread.  Thanks for the clarification 👍

• Haha 2