oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

27 minutes ago, Rob said:

wonder where that leaves you as a player having a contract but no registration, do they have to let you go (and do they still need to pay your contract out) or are you free to go if they dont register you. 

Think they'd be exclusively cup players, basically.

27 minutes ago, Rob said:

thats amazing sh!t housiery at its finest. wonder if they planted some illegal terms in on purpose hoping to fall back on it or are just trying their best to scare him to not take what he is owed. I'd be straight off to fifa to complain the minute that was brought up.

It was a different board that signed him to a new contract & they're saying because that board acted illegally, they have the right to null the contract. Total bullshit of course, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Barca.

I genuinely hope they go under.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

A great man once said to me, actually he wasnt that great, he was my dad and was a bit of an ar$e, but what he said was true.

If you owe the bank £100,000 then its your problem, but when you owe the bank £100m then it becomes the banks problem........I guess this is the same mentality that Barca have employed.

totally, I've heard the same going upto £5k as anything over that you can just go bankrupt for but anything below that and you cannot.  

but that more personal than business owed money them values.

I think they just trying to do what they want and trying to get away with, think its great their league is standing up to them. so they should as well, theres no reason a club like this should be so much in debt having to sell off future years income, looks very bleak from them if they want to keep spending like they always have done. selling all them future incomes is going to make it very hard to move the club on if the current ownership can't maintain what they are trying to maintain. if you got more debt and liabilities than assets and then have sold big chunks of your future massive income then what potential or incentive is there to buy a club this big when you cant profit from it properly for a long time.

googling about and looks like they have sold at least 25% of their tv rights income for the next 25 years for around 350m euros. last year it was worth 165m euros, which is around 40m roughly a year, makes that investment worth about 1billion euros not factoring in any increases in tv money due, and you would think they would be looking to increase what they charge for these tv rights since they just sold 25% of it off, you would imagine it would go up anyways organically even without that being in place, so to get them over the latest hump and odds on not out of the water they have just given away near enough 700m euro of income over the next 25 years, and this is just one of these deals, I imagine (without looking into it) theres been other deals like this as well, and would imagine further deals going to be done if they keep running the clubs as they are doing

Edited by Rob
corrected my *** up maths
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It was a different board that signed him to a new contract & they're saying because that board acted illegally, they have the right to null the contract. Total bullshit of course, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Barca.

it's odds on a delay / settlement tactic, they don't need to pay the extra money as now starting a legal dispute around it to delay when it will be paid (which will odds on cost them more in the long run) adding pressure and leverage to get him to agree to a lower settlement to get the money now and not have to risk spending all the legal money - meanwhile they odds on giving him the monk downing treatment using his career on hold as further leverage , 

is dangerous ground using this sort of tactic as well, if I was his solicitor in discovery would be requesting all the other contracts given out by the same team and then expose who is on same deals where if the precedent is set against him then these players could null their contracts and may be out of contract or able to leave for next to nothing. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

It boggles the mind how they've managed to get away with this kind of behaviour for so long.

One can only assume if they persist with it, its only a matter of time before the club folds.

But then again I'd imagine it wouldn't be too long before it was "re-founded". Just look at Salernitana. Originally founded in 1919, re-founded in 2005, then again in 2011. Wonder how many other Italian clubs have this kind of history?

6 hours ago, Rob said:

it's odds on a delay / settlement tactic, they don't need to pay the extra money as now starting a legal dispute around it to delay when it will be paid (which will odds on cost them more in the long run) adding pressure and leverage to get him to agree to a lower settlement to get the money now and not have to risk spending all the legal money - meanwhile they odds on giving him the monk downing treatment using his career on hold as further leverage , 

is dangerous ground using this sort of tactic as well, if I was his solicitor in discovery would be requesting all the other contracts given out by the same team and then expose who is on same deals where if the precedent is set against him then these players could null their contracts and may be out of contract or able to leave for next to nothing. 

If there is one Player that can afford to drag it out it's Braithwaite. I'm pretty sure I read recently (maybe even on here) that only Messi earns more than him in European football. I hope Braithwaite sticks it out not for his sake but for the morality of it and to the benefit of other footballers and the possible long term detriment of the game in general.

On a related note I bet Mel Morris is kicking himself that he didn't think of Factoring all the TV revenues for the next 25 years. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Brunners said:

Wouldn’t it be funny if they get he’s contract overturned and then all the players that where signed or had there contact extended by the same board decided to leave on free transfers because the contracts are null and void too

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If there is one Player that can afford to drag it out it's Braithwaite. I'm pretty sure I read recently (maybe even on here) that only Messi earns more than him in European football. I hope Braithwaite sticks it out not for his sake but for the morality of it and to the benefit of other footballers and the possible long term detriment of the game in general.

On a related note I bet Mel Morris is kicking himself that he didn't think of Factoring all the TV revenues for the next 25 years. 

He's got like a property empire or something, doesn't he? He makes LOADS outside of football I do know that, just can't remember specifically what in right now lol.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He's got like a property empire or something, doesn't he? He makes LOADS outside of football I do know that, just can't remember specifically what in right now lol.

Yeah I think that's right. He could definitely retire from football without many concerns over finances

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It's his Uncle's property empire, he owns a big stake in it though 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Regardless of his fortune outside football he'd be able to drag it out anyway because I doubt he's going to get a bigger contract elsewhere unless he's willing to move to Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

yeah and I think he will because I feel like he will cling on to that barca shirt as long as possible as loves being a barca player, even if they don't want him there lol. think he loves living there and being known as being a barca player, probs thinks just takes a manager change and he could get back in there again. But anywhere he goes will odds on be quite a step down from barca so can see why he would just like to ride out that contract and odds on get a free transfer and make bank again for the next chequebook he signs for lol

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Regardless of his fortune outside football he'd be able to drag it out anyway because I doubt he's going to get a bigger contract elsewhere unless he's willing to move to Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc. 

and then he is odds on trying to go as a free agent to maximise that move, apparently that's what he is telling barca to do release him for free with full pay if they want him to go as they never gave him a proper chance in the team lol. 

Even though was known by all when he signed it was just a temporary deal till odds on the following season but they probs didn't count on him not playing ball lol, and probs are stupid enough to think they would get their 16m+ back for him, which I think that fee was well inflated lol., think they would sell for half that now but don't think he is saying he will agree to a transfer lol

I've just been looking at Barcelona's weekly wage bill. It's eye-watering:

1. Frenkie de Jong – €560,962
2. Sergio Busquets – €423,077
3. Jordi Alba – €400,577
4. Robert Lewandowski – €360,577
5. Miralem Pjanic – €300,385
6. Ansu Fati – €268,269
7. Ousmane Dembele – €264,423
8. Franck Kessie– €260,385
9. Raphinha – €240,385
10. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – €220,385

=11. Gerard Pique – €200,385
=11. Andreas Christensen – €200,385
=11. Memphis Depay – €200,385
14. Jules Kounde – €182,692
15. Pedri – €180,385
16. Marc-Andre ter Stegen – €173,077
17. Ronaldo Araujo – €134,615
=18. Ferran Torres – €120,192
=18. Samuel Umtiti – €120,192
=20. Martin Braithwaite – €115,385

=20. Sergino Dest – €115,385
22. Sergi Roberto – €69,231
23. Eric Garcia – €57,692
24. Alex Collado – €27,885
25. Nico Gonzalez – €11,538
26. Inaki Pena – €8,077
27. Gavi – €4,038
28. Ez Abde – €3,462
29. Alex Balde– €3,077

Source: data from Capology, reporting by Yahoo

• Wow 1
10 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

3. Jordi Alba – €400,577
6. Ansu Fati – €268,269
9. Raphinha – €240,385

15. Pedri – €180,385

26. Inaki Pena – €8,077
27. Gavi – €4,038
28. Ez Abde – €3,462
29. Alex Balde– €3,077

wonder how much is deferred lol, they are on crack paying braithwaite that much money, they literally bought him for twice his value and bet they doubled and trippled his wages and they wonder why he wont move on haha.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

3. Jordi Alba – €400,577
6. Ansu Fati – €268,269
9. Raphinha – €240,385

15. Pedri – €180,385

26. Inaki Pena – €8,077
27. Gavi – €4,038
28. Ez Abde – €3,462
29. Alex Balde– €3,077

That'd keep Boro going for quite a while!

Gibson could probably pay himself and the rest of the non-playing staff with that as well.

• Like 1