oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

I think they should get a 12 point deduction and those 12 points should be given elsewhere.

To the team 19th in the PL for example.

Still probably wouldn't be enough to see us stay up!!

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

What a weird day for football.

On the subject of Newcastle and West Ham. It couldn't have happened to nicer clubs. Karma is a bitch. :D :D

Apparently they could both potentially start next season with a 10/12 points deduction. Mate at work who's a Newcastle fan reckon they're going straight back down if that's the case. Don't see Rafa staying too. :D

Only if the FA decides to get involved. Given that neither club has seemingly broken FA rules, I don't see why they would.

Players betting on matches they were involved in have been banned for a maximum of 12 months.

Players never betting on matches they were involved in have been banned for a maximum of  6 months.

Barton is in to the second group so how come he gets banned for 18 months with a £30,000 fine? (Other player fines aren't mentioned but any sort of monetary punishment must be especially painful for gambling addicts.)

Never thought I would ever say this but I actually feel sorry for the bad boy.

Have any of the previously punished players done it on the scale that Barton has?

Barton has done both, he even admits to betting on himself as first scorer when at City

Yes, I could have worded things better. The key test is whether players bet on matches where they are in a position to influence the outcome. It's the ultimate sporting sin to profit financially from playing badly and any competitor trying to do so deserves severe punishment.

It's not splitting hairs to say that Barton never placed any bets where he could profit from playing badly. As for his three quid bet on himself to be first scorer, that's more comical than criminal in my opinion.

Players betting on matches they were involved in have been banned for a maximum of 12 months.

Players never betting on matches they were involved in have been banned for a maximum of  6 months.

Barton is in to the second group so how come he gets banned for 18 months with a £30,000 fine? (Other player fines aren't mentioned but any sort of monetary punishment must be especially painful for gambling addicts.)

Have any of the previously punished players done it on the scale that Barton has?

Barton has done both, he even admits to betting on himself as first scorer when at City

Yes, I could have worded things better. The key test is whether players bet on matches where they are in a position to influence the outcome. It's the ultimate sporting sin to profit financially from playing badly and any competitor trying to do so deserves severe punishment.

It's not splitting hairs to say that Barton never placed any bets where he could profit from playing badly. As for his three quid bet on himself to be first scorer, that's more comical than criminal in my opinion.

Having had a chance to read it thoroughly, i get what you meant now gadgey, seems v harsh even though he is a complete tool 6 months and a larger fine would seem fairer maybe even have him help educate young players on the problems with addictive behaviour.

Having had a chance to read it thoroughly, i get what you meant now gadgey, seems v harsh even though he is a complete tool 6 months and a larger fine would seem fairer maybe even have him help educate young players on the problems with addictive behaviour.

Betting on himself to score shows the level of his addiction

Claudio Bravo stretchered off in the Manc derby. Will probably be out for the season meaning we'll be facing Big Willy on Sunday. Not sure if that's a good thing or not - Bravo's rubbish.

Of course, they might just put a pillow in a City shirt in goal and we'd still draw a blank.

The way Aguero went down from that headbutt he may be too concussed to play on Sunday ;).

I think I'd rather have us playing against Aguero than Gabriel Jesus! Come on Sergio, pull through!

The way Aguero went down from that headbutt he may be too concussed to play on Sunday ;).

I think I'd rather have us playing against Aguero than Gabriel Jesus! Come on Sergio, pull through!

Really? I think I'd rather we avoid playing against the fella with the best goals:minutes played ratio ever in the PL, but that's just me ;)

Really? I think I'd rather we avoid playing against the fella with the best goals:minutes played ratio ever in the PL, but that's just me ;)

You make too much sense Will. :P