• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

With Boro being linked with ex academy lad Charlie Wyke, I ask do clubs really need youth academies? how many youngsters go through club academies and how many actually make it to the first team?

Clubs spends thousands/millions on academies each year and for the majority of the youngsters that go through the academy process they are most likely to be released, loaned or transferred out. and if there lucky only 1 or 2 players may make it to the first team.

For me the FA need to look at doing regional academies which clubs fund and when they come to a certain age i.e 20 then we do a similar thing like the MLS draft (The MLS SuperDraft is an annual event, taking place in January of each year, in which the teams of Major League Soccer select players who have graduated from college or otherwise been signed by the league), or the FA/player decides what is best for the future of the player.

This will stop the likes of the top clubs tapping up young players from other clubs as well as stop young players getting a S*** load of cash too young.

With Boro being linked with ex academy lad Charlie Wyke, I ask do clubs really need youth academies? how many youngsters go through club academies and how many actually make it to the first team?

Clubs spends thousands/millions on academies each year and for the majority of the youngsters that go through the academy process they are most likely to be released, loaned or transferred out. and if there lucky only 1 or 2 players may make it to the first team.

For me the FA need to look at doing regional academies which clubs fund and when they come to a certain age i.e 20 then we do a similar thing like the MLS draft (The MLS SuperDraft is an annual event, taking place in January of each year, in which the teams of Major League Soccer select players who have graduated from college or otherwise been signed by the league), or the FA/player decides what is best for the future of the player.

This will stop the likes of the top clubs tapping up young players from other clubs as well as stop young players getting a S*** load of cash too young.

Yes i think the whole of our leagues need academies. Almost all British players in the leagues at the moment came through the academy system and they are taught the right way to play receive a ball etc. All of this raises the quality of football 8n this country. It isn’t just managers and the influx of foreign players that have changed the way we play. .

Jut looking at our academies we’ve put loads of young lads into professional football. Even more into non league but still earning a wage. And even the ones that didn’t make it at all have traveled the world and seen things the wouldn’t normally see

That was partly what Gibbo wanted to do, provide a service to the local area, giving kids a chance at a profession in football. We should be utilising the youth team a lot more, but in this day and age squads are so deep and full of professional players that it is difficult to even get a chance.

100%

I'm a big fan of academies. It's one of the only remaining vestiges connecting the support and the town to the football club (not so much our club but on a grand scale).