oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Or maybe it was the other way around and they are being paid a lot less than their value and that's why they're passing ffp? I'm not actually sure. In any case it does sound very close to 3rd party ownership which is certainly illegal in the game. Sort of reminds me of how west ham signed tevez and mascherano, where there's no way they could have signed those players without something dodgy going on

• Replies 34.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Werent wages and bonuses mentioned as being the factor that they wanted under investigation rather than the transfer fees? Eg that if neves is truly a 20mil player, he should be receiving a wage/bonus structure that aligns with that transfer value. I think the claims are that the players are earning wages/bonuses that far exceed their assumed value, which is coming from their transfer fees. Which in turn is being used as an indicating factor that wolves aren't operating on a level playing field in terms of paying transfer fees and are exploiting loopholes in the ffp? That was what I got out of the admittedly very small bit of research I did on the topic. No idea if its legal or not, but it certainly seems like a huge risk.

Sounds like a lot of guesswork. Why would Porto be willing to pay part of Neves' salary/bonus with the fee they recieved. And thats also far to easy to prove if it was true. And if the pay package is structured in a way where the player recieves a big bonus and lower wages then I also don't see where the problem is. Performance based contracts are common. And quite a few of their big name signings are loan deals anyway where you're not bound to pay all 100%.

What if players are being paid supplementary amounts on top of their club wages through Gestifute via Fosun so that it doesn't go through the clubs books?

The issue needs investigating fully as there is a clear conflict of interests and many potential loopholes that could be used to make it appear on the accounts as if they are easily passing FFP.

What if what if. So we now want Wolves investigated for signing some good players. Let's have Boro investigated too. We signed an international from Ligue 1 who was also attracting interest from the Bundesliga. There is just an obscene amount of guessing going on and clubs want the leaders investigated because they are jalous. I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong but so far I don't think I've seen or read anything that suggests they are cheating. The fees paid are even published opposed to a lot of clubs doing non disclosed fees.

What if  what if. So we now want Wolves investigated for signing some good players. Let's have Boro investigated too. We signed an international from Ligue 1 who was also attracting interest from the Bundesliga. There is just an obscene amount of guessing going on and clubs want the leaders investigated because they are jalous. I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong but so far I don't think I've seen or read anything that suggests they are cheating. The fees paid are even published opposed to a lot of clubs doing non disclosed fees.

Our situation is completely different. We have parachute payments, and money from selling De Roon/Ramirez etc.

These are professional football clubs we're talking about, it's not someone from a rival 6-a-side team getting an ex-pro in as a ringer. If people think they have been genuinely cheated out of a chance of success, why shouldn't they ask for it to be looked into? To write it off as 'jealousy' and 'guesswork' is ridiculous.

I don't know if Wolves have done anything wrong, I don't even know if there is anything worth investigating, but if the people who's job it is to make these things add up can't work out how Wolves are doing it, surely they are entitled to question it?

Indeed, it's speculation as far as I'm concerned. However, I absolutely back any investigation if there is reason to speculate. I don't know the ins and outs but Jorge Mendes is hardly someone who comes across as wholly legitimate.

There has got to be more in it though than this speculation for clubs to call for investigations. If blind guesswork can lead to an investigation then I’d suggest every single club should be investigated just to clarify if everyone is on equal terms no matter how big the deals are.

I expect that those working with the FFP demand full exclosure anyway from all clubs financial dealings.

Isn’t it just a more complex version of what Watford did a few seasons back. When they signed about 5-6 players from their sister club for a euro each?

Isn’t it just a more complex version of what Watford did a few seasons back. When they signed about 5-6 players from their sister club for a euro each?

I don’t see a resemblance.

It's not that Wolves are buying good players, it's that those player's agent has a vested interest in the club (Fosun's own part of Mendes' agency) that he's selling them to.

I'm not really an officianado on the ethics of being a player agent but I'm sure there are some breaches in there somewhere, ie having vested interests in a club so you are not performing your responsibilities to a player to the upmost. As well as the business ethics of such a relationship between agent and football club.

I'm not really bothered either way to be honest, I don't see it being too shady, as most of these players bought in will have furthered their careers. People are saying that financial fair play was supposed to prevent this, but it's not there for that, it's there to make sure clubs are run sustainably...

Isn’t it just a more complex version of what  Watford did a few seasons back. When they signed about 5-6 players from their sister club for a euro each?

Weren't they mostly loans? I don't think they were ever in danger of exploiting FFP. Even if that was a pretty sneaky way of getting good players in, it wasn't miles different to Karanka using his Mourinho connection to get a handful of players from Chelsea.

What if players are being paid supplementary amounts on top of their club wages through Gestifute via Fosun so that it doesn't go through the clubs books?

The issue needs investigating fully as there is a clear conflict of interests and many potential loopholes that could be used to make it appear on the accounts as if they are easily passing FFP.

This was my understanding of it. Clubs are unhappy that Wolves are exploiting ‘loopholes’ in FFP (in the way you describe) which gives them an unfair advantage.

Doesn't matter how many good players Wolves sign, they still have to be able to play as a team.

The whole thing stinks of sour grapes to me, Wolves have pretty much dominated this league and other teams are jealous.

Doesn't matter how many good players Wolves sign, they still have to be able to play as a team.

The whole thing stinks of sour grapes to me, Wolves have pretty much dominated this league and other teams are jealous.

It doesn't strike you as slightly weird that an agent has a vested interest in one particular team & half the playing squad?

It's conflicts of interest that the clubs are complaining about and I think there's certainly a case to be argued there.

Having good players certainly increases their chances though. Obviously when someone like Radrizzani comes out about it on Twitter then you're right, it does just sound like jealousy. But from what little I've read about it, it still sounds worth investigating.