oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

I also was more going on about the fact that I find in 2018 the idea of having no on demand system a bit silly.

Is this an example of a first world problem?

Yes, but I live in a first world country so it's a problem I'm allowed to have  :omg:

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

It's certainly going to be a culture shock having to watch TV on TV.

I don't know if this is sarcasm but in 2018 it is a little bit silly.

Are you saying that people don’t own television sets? It’s the 21st century, everyone should have one.

Those of us that work in the tv industry sweat blood and tears to make programmes that look fantastic and sound brilliant, we invest a lot of our own money in technology we push things to the limits and yet people won’t even buy a decent tv screen to watch the stuff that we produce, on??

Seriously how can you watch anything on a shi tty laptop?

Speak for yourself. I pride myself on doing the bare minimum.

Are you saying that people don’t own television sets? It’s the 21st century, everyone should have one.

Those of us that work in the tv industry sweat blood and tears to make programmes that look fantastic and sound brilliant, we invest a lot of our own money in technology we push things to the limits and yet people won’t even buy a decent tv screen to watch the stuff that we produce, on??

Seriously how can you watch anything on a shi tty laptop?

Speak for yourself. I pride myself on doing the bare minimum.

I think I might have worked with you recently ;)

Also, there's all sorts of things that go into making watching TV & Movies a very good experience in the home. A decent TV doesn't make the difference on its own, it certainly makes no difference in this day and age about the sound because most TVs these days have integrated sound that sounds like scraping a plate. What used to be expanding on a good experience with surround sound speakers is now part of the package required to just get a good experience.

I have a big 4KTV downstairs in my house, not a great brand and certainly by no means the most expensive on the market and that still forced me to pay it off over 3 months. The best sound I get is still from my desktop PC in our play-room upstairs because I can actually afford good PC speakers, I can't afford a good sound system for that TV.

I work in the games industry Billy, I know all about the people who put their blood, sweat and tears into sound and graphics that make the most of a good TV and sound system/headphones. Expecting people to purchase things that make the most of them over the cheapest option is just exclusionary.

I’m just saying watch stuff on a television, it’s reallly not exclusionary in actual fact it’s the norm.

I'm not showing off about it like Wilson though.

I bet you don’t have a playroom.

I don’t have one either, but whenever I fancy it, I go down to my local building society and have a go on the wooden wirey thing they have by the water cooler, that’s my playroom.

Seriously TVs are way cheaper than computers everyone should get one. It doesn’t need to be 4K, we shoot very little in 4K at the moment, that’s just a buzzword to sell new TVs to people who are happy to stretch their finances.

A normal HD one with decent speakers will do you just fine.

Those of us that work in the tv industry sweat blood and tears to make programmes that look fantastic and sound brilliant, we invest a lot of our own money in technology we push things to the limits and yet people won’t even buy a decent tv screen to watch The stuff that we produce on??

Seriously how can you watch anything on shi tty laptop?

Yeah I’ve actually thought about that often regarding he laptop. I love watching football, movies etc on my big screen tv and only use the iPad in emergencies and the occasional Ifollow stream on the laptop. I’d rather go to bed or talk to my wife than watching a movie on a laptop :)

If I'm round the other halfs I just hook the laptop up to my tv and watch it through the tv - piece of cake.

I have a TV... don't have an aerial though.

If you are rich enough to own a tv, then why not get your butler to stand on the roof with a couple of silver forks connected to a length of copper wire, I suspect that your gardener may have some in the potting shed.

Also, there's all sorts of things that go into making watching TV & Movies a very good experience in the home. A decent TV doesn't make the difference on its own, it certainly makes no difference in this day and age about the sound because most TVs these days have integrated sound that sounds like scraping a plate. What used to be expanding on a good experience with surround sound speakers is now part of the package required to just get a good experience.

I have a big 4KTV downstairs in my house, not a great brand and certainly by no means the most expensive on the market and that still forced me to pay it off over 3 months. The best sound I get is still from my desktop PC in our play-room upstairs because I can actually afford good PC speakers, I can't afford a good sound system for that TV.

I work in the games industry Billy, I know all about the people who put their blood, sweat and tears into sound and graphics that make the most of a good TV and sound system/headphones. Expecting people to purchase things that make the most of them over the cheapest option is just exclusionary.

I’m just saying watch stuff on a television, it’s reallly not exclusionary in actual fact it’s the norm.

In my generation, I completely disagree. More people I know my age have a laptop than a TV because it's cost effective. They certainly don't push the boat out for a proper TV or even a TV at all because for most things, they can watch the TV on their laptop anyway through one means or another. So yes, expecting people to buy a TV for the sake of respecting the quality of your work IS exclusionary. It's like me expecting a gamer to pay top dollar for a laptop or desktop PC with a top of the range CPU and GPU or else they can't appreciate my hard work.

I also was more going on about the fact that I find in 2018 the idea of having no on demand system a bit silly.

Is this an example of a first world problem?

Yes, but I live in a first world country so it's a problem I'm allowed to have  :omg:

I think you live in your own world, mate  :P