• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Ryan Fredericks signs for West Ham on a free.

Good news for Cyrus Christie.

Such a strange move this. Just got promoted with Fulham, you me have expected him to wanna give it a good go with them and build on that.

To be fair, west ham a far more established premier league side and can afford much higher wages. They're talkingwith psg about pastore on the 190k per week, can see them splashing a lot of cash this summer.

Their chairmen have said as much, yeah. Pretty sure one of them said this will be the biggest spending season in their history. Be interesting to see if they actually establish themselves or if they crash and burn. If they just bring in a load of big names for big wages and expect them to work for the identity of West Ham United rather than just their huge salaries, I suspect the latter will be more likely.

Ryan Fredericks signs for West Ham on a free.

Good news for Cyrus Christie.

I'll be surprised if Christie starts for Fulham, he was a liability defensively in the championship.

Just putting it out there mate but I don't think Ryan Fredericks was known for his defending. He gets up and down the pitch and can really cross a ball, his best attributes are exactly the same as Christie's, Christie should absolutely thrive in that role.

Fulham will need to replace Fredericks in the squad though, it's too vital a role in their system for them to only have one option, thus signing Christie to begin with. But realistically, Christie already has a shoe in for now.

I can see them buying a right back to take Fredericks place but I suppose Christie will be feeling quite positive at the moment.

I wonder if that makes Sam Byram available ? Zabaleta and Fredericks will most likely be infront of him in the pecking order. He's not quite Pulis fullback criteria at 6ft but he's hardly a short ***. I'd take him.

Nice big pay rise and moves to a bigger club, you can't really blame the lad.  Who were West Ham's right backs this season?   Zabaleta and Byram?

Yeah. You'd think one of them would be moved on. Maybe both. Zabaleta might fancy winding down his career back in Argentina

The situation at Villa is looking increasingly grim: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11396171/aston-villa-put-up-for-sale-as-struggling-club-faces-wind-up-order

6m a month to run the club!

Blimey that’s awful, I hope we don’t have another Portsmouth situation, that would be devastating for the club and the fans.

I hope they can rescue the situation.

It really is as bad as people were saying. Imagine being Jack Grealish right now, he seems like Villa through and through and I never saw him leaving them at all. But he might need to leave just to keep his club above water. Can't imagine he ever wanted to have these discussions.

The situation at Villa is looking increasingly grim: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11396171/aston-villa-put-up-for-sale-as-struggling-club-faces-wind-up-order

6m a month to run the club!

Blimey that’s awful, I hope we don’t have another Portsmouth situation, that would be devastating for the club and the fans.

I hope they can rescue the situation.

It would mean one less rival for us next year so I say bring on administration!

It really is as bad as people were saying. Imagine being Jack Grealish right now, he seems like Villa through and through and I never saw him leaving them at all. But he might need to leave just to keep his club above water. Can't imagine he ever wanted to have these discussions.

But then again he will move to a better club, in a better league for more money enhancing his chances of playing for England. No different from Gibson. There just comes a time when you have to move on if you have ambitions in the game.

But then again he will move to a better club, in a better league for more money enhancing his chances of playing for England. No different from Gibson. There just comes a time when you have to move on if you have ambitions in the game.

There's no guarantee he will move to a better club for his ambitions. Even moving to a Prem club, he could be frozen out and an 'impact sub'. At Villa, he's the golden boy. After all, Villa are surely only going to sell to the highest bidder, not the best club for him, regardless of the connection to the club they need every penny they can get, particularly out of one of the only young players they have.

It's times like this that I thank god we have an owner who doesn't gamble the future of the club on a shot at the big time, then cut all ties and sod off to another country when it all goes wrong...

It's times like this that I thank god we have an owner who doesn't gamble the future of the club on a shot at the big time, then cut all ties and sod off to another country when it all goes wrong...

Hear hear well said Foogle

Hear hear well said Foogle

Try telling that to the likes of Mr Sandwich and Mr Jo!