oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Usa, Canada and Mexico to host the world cup. How can an entire continent host it?! It's hard enough for a nation like Ireland to qualify without having 3 qualifying places taken away automatically.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Surely they won't be able to hand out three qualifying places?

South Korea and Japan didn't have to qualify so I can't see why they'd break precident and not give one of the hosts a spot.

There will be 16 more places than there are at this world Cup.

Jesus I didn't realise this. Going to be so many awful games

And Ireland still probably wont get there!

Usa, Canada and Mexico to host the world cup. How can an entire continent host it?! It's hard enough for a nation like Ireland to qualify without having 3 qualifying places taken away automatically.

FIFA  :heart: money

Look at it this way, Mexico have already staged two world cups in '70 and '86 with the USA hosting in 94 as well.  So the United States, that footballing stronghold, will have hosted two world cups before England have hosted two.  Mexico will have hosted more world cups than any nation.  If CONCACAF had to host one then it should have been Canada alone or not at all.  As we are already well aware, FIFA is about money and politics, not football.

FIFA  :heart: money

Look at it this way, Mexico have already staged two world cups in '70 and '86 with the USA hosting in 94 as well.  So the United States, that footballing stronghold, will have hosted two world cups before England have hosted two.  Mexico will have hosted more world cups than any nation.  If CONCACAF had to host one then it should have been Canada alone or not at all.  As we are already well aware, FIFA is about money and politics, not football.

Hang about CT, are you suggesting that an organisation that handed world cups to one country that has questionable performance on the world stage, sporting or otherwise, and another with a human rights record that predator would be ashamed of is in some way bent as f*** ?? Thems be fighting words!!

Leeds have signed Bielsa as coach. I give him 25 games max.

I'm not sure whether that's a good appointment, maybe the crazy between the club and the manager will cancel itself out?  :cheese:

He requires a certain type of footballer to fulfill his style, not sure how many are currently at their club, one things for sure it won't be a dull season for them...

Bielsa would have been classed as one of the biggest names in world football a few years ago. I'm sure everyone would be doing cartwheels on here if we'd appointed him.

Let's see how it goes, I'm more concerned about them now than I was when Paul Heckingbottam was the manager.

Could go either way, based on recent history, its not going to go well.

Put it this way, regardless of the history comments Bielsa has said, he wouldn't be signing for Leeds if he had offers from top division clubs and there's a reason that's not the case. He must realise there's a reason he's had to take this job and he will now have to prove that he can still do the business. Duvel is right, it is more of a concern than Heckingbottom but it still seems more likely that he will be the opposite of a real threat in this division.

Interesting to see how Leeds support him in the transfer window too and how he reacts to that.

Problem with Bielsa is that he hasn't really done much in later years since leaving Atletico. He's been at M***ille for 41 matches, Lazio for 0 matches and Lille for 14 matches. Apparently he is a bit of a pain to work with so maybe it's a good match this time around. It's certainly going to be interesting. I think the biggest question is whether he will get the appropriate backing in the transfermarket because I can't think of many players that can play the way Bielsa wants to play. If I recal correctly its fast and attacking which puts a lot of emphasis on having technically gifted players. He may want to sell to raise funds so I'd have a good look at trying to snap that Viera kid off their hands.