• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Think Rafa will be gone

Genuine question, how many Newcastle fans do we think attribute their current situation to Rafa Benitez?

I'd wager about 1%. They all blame Ashley and the lack of investment, there will be some fans bemoaning the tactics of Rafa but all the mags I know blame Ashley.

I was also fairly convinced that was the case. To sack Benitez would be pretty devastating for them. I'd say the fans would really turn on Ashley but what more could they actually do to show their hatred than what they already do? The only thing could be a walk-out but we know they probably won't do that.

Think Rafa will be gone

Genuine question, how many Newcastle fans do we think attribute their current situation to Rafa Benitez?

I'd wager about 1%. They all blame Ashley and the lack of investment, there will be some fans bemoaning the tactics of Rafa but all the mags I know blame Ashley.

I was also fairly convinced that was the case. To sack Benitez would be pretty devastating for them. I'd say the fans would really turn on Ashley but what more could they actually do to show their hatred than what they already do? The only thing could be a walk-out but we know they probably won't do that.

From what I’ve seen there’s a bit of frustration a***st Newcastle fans with Rafa. Everyone recognises he’s not the source of the problem but that doesn’t absolve him of all blame for their current predicament on the pitch.

Even when you have Rafa as manager some supporters will think you’ve lost because you haven’t picked the team they would have. It’s the way of things Supporters think they know best regardless of the info they have. And if the team wins with a different team than the one they picked. Then they would have won by more. And if they lost then they would have won with the team they picked no evidence needed

Newcastle just have a very poor squad and Rafa just hasn't been given the signings he wanted. Ashley has gambled and hope they will stay up without spending. However Rafa has made a rod for his own back by refusing to use Mitrovic and selling him and then using Joselu instead. Weird choice but I guess some managers and players just don't fit very well. If Rafa wasn't so experienced he would probably have cracked by now ala Karanka. Rafa knows he has most of the supporters on his side because of their dislike for Ashley, and he knows he will get a big pay day and plenty of job offers if he is sacked. If they are relegated it's not his fault and if they stay up he is a hero. Imo he should be doing better than 2 points from 9 games though.

Whats the deal with Ben Gibson and Bamford? I see that neither are playing for their respective teams... are they injured, or just not making the cut?

Feel a bit sorry for Gibson if he isnt making the cut it what seems a struggling Burnley side.

Whats the deal with Ben Gibson and Bamford? I see that neither are playing for their respective teams... are they injured, or just not making the cut?

Feel a bit sorry for Gibson if he  isnt making the cut it what seems a struggling Burnley side.

Bamford is definitely out injured, and I think Gibson is out with a hernia last I heard.

Feel a bit sorry for Gibson if he  isnt making the cut it what seems a struggling Burnley side.

Bamford is definitely out injured, and I think Gibson is out with a hernia last I heard.

Also Gibson got them knocked out of Europe pretty much (though it was very harsh)