• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Slavisa Jokanovic sacked as Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri appointed manager

A harsh sacking that I feel, there was still plenty of time to turn it around. The go to response for fans and nowadays seems to be to sack the manager at the first sign of trouble. Burnley, Newcastle and West Ham have all been in that same position this year and just a little bit of patience and they've turned it around.

Jokanovic turned it around for them last season, after a disappointing start to the season. Granted he got a lot of backing in the summer and neglected to improve their defence which was always their main problem area. A decent defender or two and a goalkeeper might have done wonders. Instead he more or less only focussed on offence. He'd make a decent managerial team with AK :)

Promoted twice in recent history playing some of the best attacking football the league has seen. Not even with one of the huge budgets at Fulham (Watford were cheating barstewards like). Also gives youth a chance.

Let's bring some feelgood factor back to the Boro.

Promoted twice in recent history playing some of the best attacking football the league has seen. Not even with one of the huge budgets at Fulham (Watford were cheating barstewards like). Also gives youth a chance.

Let's bring some feelgood factor back to the Boro.

I see what you mean but it wouldn't be wise to sack our manager while we are in second place. It would simply be too big a gamble. I don't like the way Pulis sets up either, but I'm also pragmatic. I'd rather just let Pulis get on with it this season and then hire a new manager when his contract expires in the summer regardless of which league we are in. Tell Pulis he can't bring in old players on big contracts unless it's a short term loan deal.

Jokanovic turned it around for them last season, after a disappointing start to the season. Granted he got a lot of backing in the summer and neglected to improve their defence which was always their main problem area. A decent defender or two and a goalkeeper might have done wonders. Instead he more or less only focussed on offence. He'd make a decent managerial team with AK :)

not sure its only about players, but also his style

His solution to fix the defence problem this season seemed to have been to push the backline even higher up and put more attacking players upfront.....

sure you can fight fire with fire but not usually very good.....

Darren Randolph played Northern Ireland on his own tonight and drew nil all.

Were Paddy and Saville any good?

Not for me. I think we have bought badly with both SD