oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Darren Randolph played Northern Ireland on his own tonight and drew nil all.

Were Paddy and Saville any good?

Not for me. I think we have bought badly with both SD

I tend to agree, Blanco.

I would like to see Paddy in a central role though, in at least 5 games. "They" say he did well there in a weak Sunderland team last season. 

Saville hasn't impressed me yet. 

I hope both come good ofc.

Hope you watched an entertaining goalless draw ;)

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Darren Randolph played Northern Ireland on his own tonight and drew nil all.

Were Paddy and Saville any good?

Not for me. I think we have bought badly with both SD

I tend to agree, Blanco.

I would like to see Paddy in a central role though, in at least 5 games. "They" say he did well there in a weak Sunderland team last season. 

Saville hasn't impressed me yet. 

I hope both come good ofc.

Hope you watched an entertaining goalless draw ;)

If it wasn’t for some Randolph heroics I would have fallen asleep hours ago. To be fair to Northern Ireland at least they tried to get forward. Put your money on another 5 goal romp for you guys on Monday

Went to Wembley last night to see England play. All I can say about the match was there was long spells of mediocrity with intermittent displays of nice footballl albeit against a poor team.

Now onto Wembley. When the FA wanted to sell it I was against the idea as I think the national team should have its own home and a country like England should have a national stadium. However the people that go to Wembley (especially to watch England) for the most part aren’t football fans. They’re tourists wanting a day out. I was surrounded by hipster tw*ts all eating popcorn and chicken nuggets whilst taking selfies and other pictures for their various social media accounts. Once they had posted all their photos rather than watch the game they entertained themselves by making. Paper aeroplanes and launching them towards the pitch.

Half time in the concourse it was nearly impossible to get a beer as the amount of people ordering fish and chips or chicken baskets was ridiculous. When I finally did get to the bar £5:90 for a real ales really does take the pi$$.

Back to the second half and more selfies and generally ***ing about right up to 80 mins where the floodgates opened and they started streaming out of the stadium.

Now my thoughts are sell Wembley and get the England team touring the country again it was much better when it was being built and you could watch England play in many of the iconic English stadiums we have throughout the country.

I for one will not be going again to see England play there even though my tickets were free :@

Went to Wembley last night to see England play. All I can say about the match was there was long spells of mediocrity with intermittent displays of nice footballl albeit against a poor team.

Now onto Wembley. When the FA wanted to sell it I was against the idea as I think the national team should have its own home and a country like England should have a national stadium. However the people that go to Wembley (especially to watch England) for the most part aren’t football fans. They’re tourists wanting a day out. I was surrounded by hipster tw*ts all eating popcorn and chicken nuggets whilst taking selfies and other pictures for their various social media accounts. Once they had posted all their photos rather than watch the game they entertained themselves by making. Paper aeroplanes and launching them towards the pitch.

Half time in the concourse it was nearly impossible to get a beer as the amount of people ordering fish and chips or chicken baskets was ridiculous. When I finally did get to the bar £5:90 for a real ales really does take the pi$$.

Back to the second half and more selfies and generally *** about right up to 80 mins where the floodgates opened and they started streaming out of the stadium.

Now my thoughts are sell Wembley and get the England team touring the country again it was much better when it was being built and you could watch England play in many of the iconic English stadiums we have throughout the country.

I for one will not be going again to see England play there even though my tickets were free :@

The game is gone from the ordinary man Uwe. Now it’s all about corporate entertainment unfortunately as you discovered last night

Back to the second  half and more selfies and generally *** about right up to 80 mins where the floodgates opened and they started streaming out of the stadium.

That's the sorry state of football now... the FA would rather a numpty tourist was there spending a packet on food, souvenirs, posting #Wembley on instagram etc than a proper fan like you who wants atmosphere and a couple of not-extortionate beers. 

I used to live a couple of tube stops from Wembley and preferred to watch the games in the pub... Rotating round club stadiums would be great for atmosphere and would also give more people the chance to watch England play live.

Back to the second  half and more selfies and generally *** about right up to 80 mins where the floodgates opened and they started streaming out of the stadium.

Welcome to football in 2018

It was a brilliant goal. All in all it was a pretty decent game. That brooks lad from

Wales looks like a real gem. Well spotted by Bournemouth when they paid all that money for him in the summer.

Looks like a relegation for you guys, Blanco .. Tough group though.

The way we have set up we deserve everything we have got. I find it astonishing that some on here have an issue with TP. My god the man is a legend who knows what he’s doing. There actually were some on here calling for Martin O Neill to be our manager. Mother of God, what the heck is wrong with them?

"The English Football League has agreed a new five-year television rights deal with Sky Sports worth £595m.

The deal, which runs from the start of next season until May 2024, is a 35% increase on the previous contract.

The broadcaster will show 138 league games a season from all three divisions as well as every play-off match, plus Carabao Cup games and latter stages of the Checkatrade Trophy."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46267320

"The English Football League has agreed a new five-year television rights deal with Sky Sports worth £595m.

The deal, which runs from the start of next season until May 2024, is a 35% increase on the previous contract.

The broadcaster will show 138 league games a season from all three divisions as well as every play-off match, plus Carabao Cup games and latter stages of the Checkatrade Trophy."

The EFL have stuck their necks out in signing this deal.

This morning, I was told 21 out of the 24 Championship clubs wanted the EFL to ask Sky for more time, or even negotiate a shorter contract, to allow some of the issues - amount of money being paid, the number of times clubs are on TV, the mass streaming of midweek games - to be sorted out.

Should this deal go through against their wishes, I was told, it would be 'war'.

Now the Championship clubs must decide whether there is any substance behind their rhetoric, whether they are willing to do anything to back up their claims of incompetence.

A meeting is due to take place tomorrow. The outcome will be very interesting indeed.

This morning, I was told 21 out of the 24 Championship clubs wanted the EFL to ask Sky for more time, or even negotiate a shorter contract, to allow some of the issues - amount of money being paid, the number of times clubs are on TV, the mass streaming of midweek games - to be sorted out.

Should this deal go through against their wishes, I was told, it would be 'war'.

Now the Championship clubs must decide whether there is any substance behind their rhetoric, whether they are willing to do anything to back up their claims of incompetence.

A meeting is due to take place tomorrow. The outcome will be very interesting indeed.

Wow. Maybe Premier League 2 is closer to reality than first thought.

Wow. Maybe Premier League 2 is closer to reality than first thought.

I can’t see that ever going to be a possibility. It would just be another league below the Prem. Would that really be in anyone’s interest? It’s weird that they are signing the deal if 21 clubs wanted more time. A bit arrogant from EFL and Sky. Is suppose the clubs in question could threaten to block sky cameras in the stadium and refuse to take the money.