oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

What on earth happened to Girona? Just noticed they were relegated, I'm assuming Stuani didn't carry on his form?

19 league goals, he definitely did his part!

Elsewhere Kike's eibar had a good season finishing 12th while theres a good chance that de roon will be playing champions league football next season with atalanta.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

What on earth happened to Girona? Just noticed they were relegated, I'm assuming Stuani didn't carry on his form?

Elsewhere Kike's eibar had a good season finishing 12th while theres a good chance that de roon will be playing champions league football next season with atalanta.

Should be able to get himself a solid move then. I'm out of touch with the foreign leagues. Pleased to see them doing well.

Should be able to get himself a solid move then. I'm out of touch with the foreign leagues. Pleased to see them doing well.

Hes 32, relegated from la liga... reckon hed be going on the cheap ;)

Quick, re-sign Stuani and put him up front with Britt, they'll score loads between them :)

Sadly I think that ship has sailed.

Sailed. It never made its maiden voyage. He never got a chance up front!! Wouldn't be the boro if we played players in their real positions!!!

Interesting list here on the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2019/may/20/ten-championship-players-premier-league-clubs-have-on-radar-football

The best signing we could make is signing Brentfords scouting team I reckon

Maybe.  I sometimes think that their players are overrated because of the style of play they employ though.  Lots of supposedly good players for a team that can't finish ahead of mid-table.  For example, Neil Maupay is someone on that list and I suspect is someone that lots of people would love to have here.  He scored a lot of goals this season but he also had a lot of shots this season - 144.  By comparison Assombalonga had only 85.  Benrahma is another on that list, similar sort of thing albeit a slightly different position but even he had 109 shots this season for the 10 goals he scored.  If Assombalonga is seen as wasteful then what would that make him?  Ollie Watkins isn't on the list but is mentioned as part of their attack and he also had more shots than Assombalonga with 92.  Maybe they will all step up and continue playing well at a higher level but then again maybe in a team where they aren't getting as many opportunities they will begin to struggle a bit.  Was it Woods who left Brentford for Stoke?  Another highly rated player, some wanted him here, and he's done absolutely nothing so far.  Doesn't mean he won't but it's interesting to see how some of these players never really do anything elsewhere.

Thats a very interesting point CT. Britt is probably as good as, or better than Maupay if he got the same quantity and quality chances. However Brentford continually seem to unearth these players. Who have we unearthed and sold on for decent money in the last 20 years that didnt come through our academy? Tuncay?

Thats a very interesting point CT. Britt is probably as good as, or better than Maupay if he got the same quantity and quality chances. However Brentford continually seem to unearth these players. Who have we unearthed and sold on for decent money in the last 20 years that didnt come through our academy? Tuncay?

Traore is about it really?

Adama? Depending on your definition of unearthed.

Wing will be sold for a massive profit when he goes.

Adomah could possibly be counted

Adam Reach

He was hardly unearthed - highly thought of ex-Barca youth player who moved for decent money to 2 premier league clubs before turning 21? I did think of him but thought there might be better fits to the criteria

He was hardly unearthed - highly thought of ex-Barca youth player who moved for decent money to 2 premier league clubs before turning 21? I did think of him but thought there might be better fits to the criteria

If he doesn't fit tuncay doesnt fit! He was a darling of Turkish football and had scored a champions league hat trick vs United