• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Surely given your views on Greecen England should be a lot higher on your rankings list having only lost 2 competitive matches (3 if you include penalties) in the last 2 tournaments including the qualifiers.

I also think 8 or 9 times out of 10 Brazil and Argentina would beat Greece in a match.

England would be my 11. But the original point is they need to improve to be competative in brazil, which I am sure we can all agree on. Oh and here's the rest.

England 11

France 12

Denmark 13

Russia 14

Ivory coast 15.

Japan and a few other teams would be the rest of my top 20.

i dont think england will/can be compettetive in brazil, we arent in the top 5 and the world cup is in s america, if i was to have a world rankings for the world cup it would be

brazil

argentina

spain

uraguay

italy

germany

holland

portugal

ivory coast,

any other african or s/american country

The same way that Spain who lost to England recently are better than England.

Don't be such a fool.

England didn't win twice or in a competitive game. That makes it very different.

Don't be such a fool.

Oh yeah and Greece qualified for the quarter finals from the same group russia didn't and actually managed to qualify for the world cup Russia missed out on. Greece are CLEARLY better than Russia.

in that case,we beat italy and spain, does that mean we should be higher than them

Again. You did not do it twice. you did not do it in a competitive game and you most certainly did not advance in euro at their expense. its VERY different.

Tanksie, i have read this thread and can see your logic but the truth of the matter is Greece are not that good. the quality of the opposition does matter. yes Greece have done well but the bottom line is they have exceeded expectations and even doing that they are not a top 10 side.

i agree england are not good enough to be competitive in Brazil even if they make it but to cling on to Greece like this is obsurd

in that case,we beat italy and spain, does that mean we should be higher than them

Again. You did not do it twice. you did not do it in a competitive game and you most certainly did not advance in euro at their expense. its VERY different.

we beat two good sides thouh, doesnt that mean we're good?

btw i don't actually think that i'm juust using tanksie's logic

2+2 you still have not explained how russia who lost to greece twice recently are better than greece.

Because Russia have better players and play better football. In it's most simplistic form, that's what it comes down to.

The same way that Spain, who lost to England recently, are better than England.

^ This sums up the counter-argument to your point nicely.

Anyway, I'm bored of this argument now. I'm not interested in talking about each and every team and their quality compared to other random nations. This argument was about whether England were worse then Ukraine in one fixture. Going off tangent in this way unnecessarily dilutes the topic.

See strong rumours of Kean being sacked imminently. Pretty funny really, they've only lost one game. Kind of reminds me of Southgates sacking. If they dont have faith in the manager he should have gone in june, not a few games into the season.

Kean should never have survived the summer. Although its a sad situation, I don't think the relationship between manager and supporters could ever have been repaired (where as the one between us and southgate could have been), so its always a ticking bomb. No sense from anyone, they need a complete fresh start.

Anyone else think there is a parallel between Kean and Southgate?

Not so much the background with the chairman etc but more the timing of the sacking and the manner of it? Early part of the season, near the top of the table etc etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if they appointed a Scottish dinosaur to come in and manage them and they ended up sliding down the table.

*cue the return of Souness*