oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Just now, mendieta420 said:

I'd much rather stay at mid-table Newcastle than go to mid-table Leicester..

I'd imagine he'll get a massive wage increase and sign on fee. Leicester are much more ambitious too.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Leicester have a far far better team than Newcastle. They have some of the best young players in the league in Madison and chilwell. they'll probably lose Maguire but theyve shown theyre not afraid to reinvest their transfer fees right back into the squad unlike Newcastle. Vardy is still lethal, Pereira is one of the best right backs in the league, ndidi and tielemans (if they keep him) are as good as you get outside of the top few teams. 

There is a world of different between Newcastle and Leicester from top to bottom. 

17 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I'd much rather stay at mid-table Newcastle than go to mid-table Leicester..

Newcastle surely have to be odds on favourites for relegation, while Leicester are aiming for champions league football again, I know where I'd rather be.

Edited by Brunners

Not to mention Rodgers is a very good coach, and it's hard to see Newcastle bringing in someone of that quality.

Newcastle have just lost their best manager in years whilst the club is still on an unending verge of being sold, to add to the above. Add to the extra money he'll get, I don't think Perez would think twice about moving on.

Even with their options limited by the transfer embargo, that is a hell of a gamble by Chelsea, given that he finished 1 point ahead of a Middlesbrough team who's fans desperately wanted their manager out, and had a terrible season.

• Haha 1

To be honest I think only Terry or Lampard could take on the role. It does seem very cliquey their squad (from the days both Terry and Lampard were there) but I think those 2, given the current squad would get the respect of the team. Whether or not they will get positive results the jury is out but as it is I dont think many top coaches would want the job given the experiences of the past few.

40 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Derby are after Cocu aren't they.

Still it's the second year in a row where thay have to get a new manager with no experience from the league. cocu had a very good period at PSV but was then sacked quickly after just 15 games at Fenerbahce. If he can adjust to the Championship he could be a very good appointment and one that I wouldn't have been against coming here.

Just now, Borodane said:

Still it's the second year in a row where thay have to get a new manager with no experience from the league. cocu had a very good period at PSV but was then sacked quickly after just 15 games at Fenerbahce. If he can adjust to the Championship he could be a very good appointment and one that I wouldn't have been against coming here.

Totally agree, derby will be an interesting one to watch next year. New manager, lost 3 of their most important players last year.

With regards to Lampard at Chelsea, with the players they currently have playing for them they should pretty much guarantee top 6 whoever is in charge. So I don't think there will be too much pressure on him, think he will do well personally.