oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Interesting piece on Sky about Teenage striker Louie Barry and youth players running down their contracts and moving to big clubs outside of England:

"Now, at 16, he’s decided his future lies away from the West Midlands - much to the frustration of Albion’s bosses, who are privately calling on UEFA to change the rules for young players. 

If, as looks likely, Barry moves abroad, West Brom will get less than £250k in compensation. If he moves to another English club, an independent tribunal would establish his market value, and Albion would stand to make much more money out of the deal."

Foreign clubs don't have to pay compensation to the clubs based on a perceived market value. If UEFA were to change the rules it could help prevent most of the young talents accumulating at the top European clubs and reaching a bottleneck where they don't receive any first team football.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Interesting piece on Sky about Teenage striker Louie Barry and youth players running down their contracts and moving to big clubs outside of England:

"Now, at 16, he’s decided his future lies away from the West Midlands - much to the frustration of Albion’s bosses, who are privately calling on UEFA to change the rules for young players. 

If, as looks likely, Barry moves abroad, West Brom will get less than £250k in compensation. If he moves to another English club, an independent tribunal would establish his market value, and Albion would stand to make much more money out of the deal."

Foreign clubs don't have to pay compensation to the clubs based on a perceived market value. If UEFA were to change the rules it could help prevent most of the young talents accumulating at the top European clubs and reaching a bottleneck where they don't receive any first team football.

But how many british players actually move abroad? It's very few and the ones that do generally do well. Sancho and Dier to name two. I think British clubs should be very quite about this rule as the import of young players are much in favour of the British clubs as opposed to the export of young english players. I'd like to know how many young foreign players WBA have brought into their academy without paying compensation.

• Like 1

Eric Dier didn't move abroad for football, he grew up in Portugal with his family from a very early age and came up through the youth ranks. Bit different. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Mitrovic signs new deal at Fulham. Huge boost for them to keep him. Possibly the best striker in this league next season.

He did WHAT?!

Safe to say I didn't that coming! Huge boost to their promotion credentials! 

3 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

He did WHAT?!

Safe to say I didn't that coming! Huge boost to their promotion credentials! 

Exactly mate. I was waiting for him to leave. And despite their awful showing in PL last season they still have a very good team for this level. All depends on how Parker does because they certainly got the players. Though i guess people said same about as us when we came down and then Stoke last season and we know how both them predictions went..

I'd be surprised if anyone was willing to pay what they did for him and yet I also can't imagine he wants to be in the Championship. I'd say he's done well to get a new contract, he still had 4 years left on a deal he signed last summer when Fulham couldn't wait to spend money. Seems that latter part hasn't changed. I can't imagine why they'd be dealing with that right now, surely they were in a pretty strong position unless he had a relegation release clause.

Aston Villa are poised to sign Tyrone Mings on a permanent basis in a deal that could be worth £26.5m to Bournemouth. After weeks of talks Villa have agreed to pay an initial fee of around £20m for the 26-year-old defender.

madness!

59 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Sounds like Fulham might be keeping Mawson, Cairney and Mitrovic according to Twitter. 

Cairney signed a new deal at end of season, Duvel

Burnley sign Jay Rodriguez from WBAAm I right in thinking that they have lost both him and Dwight Gayle from last seasons attack?

Big loss!

Will be interesting to see who they go for to replace them.