oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Bruce can’t keep a team in the Prem. That’s the main difference between him and allerdyce. I’d be very worried if I was a Newcastle fan. 

Perhaps, but I'd argue that he's never had a squad as good as Newcastle's current one. 

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Tom said:

Perhaps, but I'd argue that he's never had a squad as good as Newcastle's current one. 

Now that they’ve lost Rindon and Perez they are much weaker and Ashley won’t spend on adequate replacements. The probably still have a better squad than Norwich and Sheffield but that’s about it. Benitez got them over the line last season. Not the quality of their squad. 

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Now that they’ve lost Rindon and Perez they are much weaker and Ashley won’t spend on adequate replacements. The probably still have a better squad than Norwich and Sheffield but that’s about it. Benitez got them over the line last season. Not the quality of their squad. 

He didn't really get them 'over the line', they survived by 11 points, and teams that finished below them included Bournemouth and Burnley, neither of whom would be immediately concerned by relegation this season.

And yes, they lost a couple of good strikers, but Bruce wouldn't take the job with *no* money - they'll have funds for replacements I'd have thought. 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I said on Twitter the other day, Bruce has been managing over 20 years, and I still have no idea if he's any good or not.

I actually think he might do alright with the squad Newcastle have. At the very least he'd have to really balls it up to get them relegated, there are definitely 3 worse teams in the league, even without strikers (though I'm sure they'll sign one or two).

But regardless, he's a huge downgrade from Benitez.

Holy ***. Waita make me feel old.

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Interesting one; Kieran Trippier about to join Athletico Madrid for £20m.

Hes a very very bad defender. A wand of a right foot, one of the best in the league, but his defending is championship standard. 

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

I have no words for how horrific the new Huddersfield home kit is ?‍♀️?

IMG_20190717_113457.jpg

That's the sort of style you expect to see in those Miss GB comps or whatever it's called not on a football shirt

7 minutes ago, northern boro said:

That's the sort of style you expect to see in those Miss GB comps or whatever it's called not on a football shirt

Exactly what I thought when I seen it! That or they've just been pronounced prom queen. Looks ridiculous to the point that I thought it was a joke ?‍♀️