Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Bruce can’t keep a team in the Prem. That’s the main difference between him and allerdyce. I’d be very worried if I was a Newcastle fan. 

Perhaps, but I'd argue that he's never had a squad as good as Newcastle's current one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Tom said:

Perhaps, but I'd argue that he's never had a squad as good as Newcastle's current one. 

Now that they’ve lost Rindon and Perez they are much weaker and Ashley won’t spend on adequate replacements. The probably still have a better squad than Norwich and Sheffield but that’s about it. Benitez got them over the line last season. Not the quality of their squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Now that they’ve lost Rindon and Perez they are much weaker and Ashley won’t spend on adequate replacements. The probably still have a better squad than Norwich and Sheffield but that’s about it. Benitez got them over the line last season. Not the quality of their squad. 

He didn't really get them 'over the line', they survived by 11 points, and teams that finished below them included Bournemouth and Burnley, neither of whom would be immediately concerned by relegation this season.

And yes, they lost a couple of good strikers, but Bruce wouldn't take the job with *no* money - they'll have funds for replacements I'd have thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom said:

I said on Twitter the other day, Bruce has been managing over 20 years, and I still have no idea if he's any good or not.

I actually think he might do alright with the squad Newcastle have. At the very least he'd have to really balls it up to get them relegated, there are definitely 3 worse teams in the league, even without strikers (though I'm sure they'll sign one or two).

But regardless, he's a huge downgrade from Benitez.

 

Holy ***. Waita make me feel old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, northern boro said:

Steve Bruce has resigned as head coach of Sheffield Wednesday

along with Steve Agnew ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Interesting one; Kieran Trippier about to join Athletico Madrid for £20m.

Hes a very very bad defender. A wand of a right foot, one of the best in the league, but his defending is championship standard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no words for how horrific the new Huddersfield home kit is ?‍♀️?

IMG_20190717_113457.jpg

Edited by Ash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ash said:

I have no words for how horrific the new Huddersfield home kit is ?‍♀️?

IMG_20190717_113457.jpg

That's the sort of style you expect to see in those Miss GB comps or whatever it's called not on a football shirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, northern boro said:

That's the sort of style you expect to see in those Miss GB comps or whatever it's called not on a football shirt

Exactly what I thought when I seen it! That or they've just been pronounced prom queen. Looks ridiculous to the point that I thought it was a joke ?‍♀️

Edited by Ash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...