• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Why have we suddenly started talking about Boro in the Non-Boro football thread?

There's just no discipline on here any more.  We need a Pulis type to organise the place.

21 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Told you! The reason for this is absolutely fantastic and a move that more sponsors should adopt.

The only exceptions I would say are charities.

Agree with you completely there! I absolutely love the shirt too, looks class!

I agree. 

I don’t like sponsors on shirts, just as I don’t like logos on clothes either.

Why should people walk around advertising someone’s product for free, especially having had to have paid for the garment?

I hope clubs will also stop renewing kits every year, the environmental impact is massive and totally unnecessary. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I agree. 

I don’t like sponsors on shirts, just as I don’t like logos on clothes either.

Why should people walk around advertising someone’s product for free, especially having had to have paid for the garment?

I hope clubs will also stop renewing kits every year, the environmental impact is massive and totally unnecessary. 

Our Hummel kit is made with H2Zero technology, which apparently cuts down on waste by 50% which is pretty cool.

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I mean, the eco-system reason is that shirt sponsors pay money into a club to have their company advertised across an entire fan-base and on the pitch every match. What Paddy Power are doing now is great but don't see it picking up when literally the only reason a shirt sponsorship exists is to have the sponsor displayed on a shirt. And clubs certainly won't turn down an extra revenue stream.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I mean, the eco-system reason is that shirt sponsors pay money into a club to have their company advertised across an entire fan-base and on the pitch every match. What Paddy Power are doing now is great but don't see it picking up when literally the only reason a shirt sponsorship exists is to have the sponsor displayed on a shirt. And clubs certainly won't turn down an extra revenue stream.

Fair point but shirt sponsors also have their name plastered on advertising hoardings and various other club promotional materials. You don't really need to see it on players shirts every game to be aware of it.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Fair point but shirt sponsors also have their name plastered on advertising hoardings and various other club promotional materials. You don't really need to see it on players shirts every game to be aware of it.

You don’t, and it certainly doesn’t need to be plastered all over replica kits at all. 

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Our Hummel kit is made with H2Zero technology, which apparently cuts down on waste by 50% which is pretty cool.

That is good, but the majority of kits aren’t made like that and they aren’t biodegradable. 

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

We have those as well and surely they're part of a sponsorship deal, you don't just agree to be a sponsor, you want to know where you're being advertised. I imagine most shirt sponsors are advertised a lot of other places across the club but shirt sponsors is a unique opportunity where your replica merchandise has to incorporate it and you have to take it with you wherever you go. You won't see our shirt sponsors in someone else's stadium unless they're sponsoring those as well (which, to be fair, 32Red appear to be sponsoring everyone at the moment haha).

I'm sure they'll pay so much for being on the advertising hoardings at the Riverside and then more because they're on the shirts, not one lump sum regardless of where and how often they're being shown.

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You don’t, and it certainly doesn’t need to be plastered all over replica kits at all. 

I'm pretty sure that will be a requirement of handing over the money for the sponsorship deal. So yes, they do have to be.

Not saying I disagree about whether it looks nice or whether it's right that fans have to advertise the sponsor to buy the shirt. But then if that bothers the individual so much, they won't buy the shirt. I don't see that having a massive effect on our shirt sales though.