oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

The best Boro shirt in recent years was the one you could buy without a sponsor. It's the only home shirt I have bought in the last 20 years.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, Tom said:

The best Boro shirt in recent years was the one you could buy without a sponsor. It's the only home shirt I have bought in the last 20 years.

I have that shirt, the Adidas one with the white band and white collar I believe?

Shirts just look so much better without a sponsor. We can take small solace from the fact we're not a continental club however, some of their lax rules on sponsorship is downright ridiculous. 

Greek clubs, i'm looking at you.

I don't mind sponsors on shirts, but I can't stand gambling sites on shirts. The damage that gambling has had on people in this country is huge. I think it is now in the top 3 addictions people are being treated for. Which to then have it shoved in everyones faces is disgusting.

@Tom and @Denzel Zanzibar that the shirt that we had in Strachan's first full season? 10/11 season wasn't it?

• Like 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I have that shirt, the Adidas one with the white band and white collar I believe?

Shirts just look so much better without a sponsor. We can take small solace from the fact we're not a continental club however, some of their lax rules on sponsorship is downright ridiculous. 

Greek clubs, i'm looking at you.

Yeah that's the one.

Little tip as well, if you didn't know. There's actually a second, round collar, so if you fold the large collar and tuck it inside, it looks like a different shirt, so you have the option.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeah that's the one.

Little tip as well, if you didn't know. There's actually a second, round collar, so if you fold the large collar and tuck it inside, it looks like a different shirt, so you have the option.

coming to america spit GIF

8 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I don't mind sponsors on shirts, but I can't stand gambling sites on shirts. The damage that gambling has had on people in this country is huge. I think it is now in the top 3 addictions people are being treated for. Which to then have it shoved in everyones faces is disgusting.

@Tom and @Denzel Zanzibar that the shirt that we had in Strachan's first full season? 10/11 season wasn't it?

The gambling thing is bizarre, alcohol and fags are banned from shirts, why not gambling?

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The gambling thing is bizarre, alcohol and fags are banned from shirts, why not gambling?

Frustratingly it is so ingrained into football culture over here. Before games, during games, at halftime and at fulltime there are TV ads, billboards, ad hoardings at the stadiums they are everywhere.

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Betting companies are heavily involved in sports, in fact it's their primary revenue stream and the whole point for them existing. Booze and fags aren't?

23 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yes, it was. I had it in my head that it was a Mowbray season, but I have just done a bit of research and found a picture of Kris Boyd wearing it.

I'd love for this Paddy Power idea to catch on.

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yes, it was. I had it in my head that it was a Mowbray season, but I have just done a bit of research and found a picture of Kris Boyd wearing it.

I'd love for this Paddy Power idea to catch on.

I loved that shirt! I remember buying it, then we signed Boyd and I thought this is the shirt that we will be promoted in. How wrong I was. By October we had sacked Strachan and brought Mowbray in and Boyd was as useful as a chocolate fireguard!

I also loved our 14/15 shirt but that did have the huge ramsdens sponsor across the middle! 

Actually it is BRILLIANT marketing by Paddy Power - You got to respect that... They put NO logo on Town's shirts and ppl all across the world talks MORE about Huddersfield and Paddy Power than other clubs with other sponsors ON the kits ?