• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

2 pulis rejects scoring and another assisting in that leeds performance. Lucky he got rid and left us in such a good position though.

When are you going to let it go? Not every player fits into every system. Pulis is gone.... get over it......

The issue here is, Blanco...

Those 3 players: Harrison, Forshaw and Bamford would suit this new system very well actually. Forshaw would be better than Wing, Howson and maybe McNair to cover that anchoring role of Claytons.

But yes, they are gone and we can do nowt about it.

24 minutes ago, Blanco said:

When are you going to let it go? Not every player fits into every system. Pulis is gone.... get over it......

Pulis is gone but the damage he has done to this club has not. If we still had some of the players he got rid of in order to purchase such limited footballers we would be in a much better position to launch a promotion bid.

In the end, were probably going to take 2 to 3 years to undo the damage he did. So I feel I have every right to point out the damage that he has done.

22 minutes ago, Blanco said:

When are you going to admit he ruined our squad and set us back years of development? 

I'm not fussed on Forshaw, I liked having him around as he's clearly a good lad and I liked him as a player but I don't think he's much better than what we have, if at all. Bit shocked anyone calls Harrison a reject too, he's a loanee, not like he was ever our player and I don't recall the expectation being big on him when he joined. A strange signing perhaps but he did about as much as I expected.

Bamford though, yeah, still think he's a better striker than Britt personally. Felt like he was an adopted Boro lad that took the long route round coming home, felt like having him here was meant to be. Was quite devastated when he left and even more-so that he went to Leeds. But ah well, *** happens and we move on.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not fussed on Forshaw, I liked having him around as he's clearly a good lad and I liked him as a player but I don't think he's much better than what we have, if at all. Bit shocked anyone calls Harrison a reject too, he's a loanee, not like he was ever our player and I don't recall the expectation being big on him when he joined. A strange signing perhaps but he did about as much as I expected.

Bamford though, yeah, still think he's a better striker than Britt personally. Felt like he was an adopted Boro lad that took the long route round coming home, felt like having him here was meant to be. Was quite devastated when he left and even more-so that he went to Leeds. But ah well, *** happens and we move on.

Harrison was highly rated when he came in. He had just signed for city, you dont do that unless you have a considerable amount of talent. the issue was that he wasnt given a shot at all and was shipped back to city without any effort made to put him in our team. Same as he did with vlp Last season and with gnabry a couple of seasons ago.

He has since gone on to be a good performer for a side challenging for the top spot in the league and got a second year out of it. Had pulis had any intention of modifying his approach and given him a chance that would have been us. 

Besides, it's not just those three. Its fabio and christie too. They would all be starting for us now and would all make us a much better side but pulis didnt think much of any of them.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Bamford looked devastated when he came on against us last season and was booed

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Harrison was highly rated when he came in. He had just signed for city, you dont do that unless you have a considerable amount of talent. the issue was that he wasnt given a shot at all and was shipped back to city without any effort made to put him in our team. Same as he did with vlp Last season and with gnabry a couple of seasons ago.

He has since gone on to be a good performer for a side challenging for the top spot in the league and got a second year out of it. Had pulis had any intention of modifying his approach and given him a chance that would have been us. 

Besides, it's not just those three. Its fabio and christie too. They would all be starting for us now and would all make us a much better side but pulis didnt think much of any of them.

I'm not convinced that Harrison would have joined us again had he played more. Pretty sure Bielsa would still have won that battle. Not to mention that over the course of last season, the only player who came out with a great deal of credit was Randolph, something he earned for his individual talents rather than the manager's contribution, so it's not like we'd have had the same player Leeds got last year. I don't think having Harrison aboard would have made a jot of difference to us and I'm really not convinced he's a huge talent either.

I think there are a number of players in that Leeds team who were essentially nobodies before Bielsa came in. Harrison was pretty much that when he joined them too. His reputation was made in NYC, one of their affiliated clubs, and City didn't break a sweat to bring him over. Kind of a win win situation for them in that if he does well, they'll get some money out of it and if he doesn't, big deal, not like they really spent anything. I'd hardly consider him as a future City player based on what we've seen. Not even convinced he'll do it in the Prem but he's still got time to prove me wrong so good luck to him.

There are examples of where Pulis went wrong. Bamford is definitely one of them. He proved himself in a Pulis team in the short time he had in his right position. The others, I'm not sure. Can you blame Pulis for not wanting Christie or Fabio when they don't suit his style? I don't think so. Losing players who suit our new manager's style is not on the old manager. That's on the club.

• Like 1

I agree with Wilson on Harrison here. I think the only reason why City brought him in from NYC was because they felt a bit of interest for him from other clubs and that he is a young english attacker. He'll probably never make an appearance for City and they will onæy hope to make som money on him after some loan time in the Championship. I do think that Pulis could have handled him better. We desperately needed some creativity, pace and width during Pulis reign, but ultimately Pulis did everything he could to avoid those kinds of attributes (apart from Traore, who he probably only played to get some credit from the fans).

I'll stand by my opinion that Pulis did well with getting 10 million from Bamford. That's a decent amount of money for a Championship player on a big contract. He was just hopeless at spending the money.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Apparently rooney is in talks to move to derby.. surely it they dont do up theres gonna be some consequences to their their financial model?

Apparently the EFL don't give a ***.

I'm sure they'll find some way to sell something else to themselves in another year or so.