oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 minute ago, boroie said:

Puscas has 2 goals today so far for Reading against Cardiff. I wish we had been in a position to go in for him. 

watched the first half and he's looking like he could be a special player. 

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wolves player pathetically feigning injury when Pogba's foot was near his leg and his toe gently grazed him.

Needs punishing retroactively.

What Shaun Dyche said the other day is spot on. We need tougher punishments on player that deceive the referees.

Don't see an issue with the use of VAR there, officials have rightly and wrongly disallowed goals for marginal offsides for years.

They got that spot on, but I'd thought he was offside when I watching it live.

Imo var has been far too rushed out. Kills the feeling of being at a game where you score a goal then have to wait a few minutes before you can celebrate it or awkwardly slump down in your seat. Once the creases are ironed out though I think it'll be a great piece of tech 

Bolton have just elected not to honour their game against Doncaster, at 28 hours' notice. They didn't tell the EFL or even Doncaster, who found out from BWFC's social media accounts. Apparently the match has been called off because they're short of fit players.

Surely there has to be a three-point fine for Bolton not honouring a league fixture? I believe that's the precedent that's been set in such matters...

• Like 1

Truly an awful situation and sadly one that needs dealing with straight away.

Bolton as a club needs to be disbanded and closed for the sake of all other teams in that division, it is only right and fair that they know who they are playing this season.

If not then immediate financial backing has to be in place, not talked about and a wait and see situation but right now!

I'd be doing anything to keep them alive for their fans' sake. They're the ones who'll suffer most and outright don't deserve it. I don't quite know what happened with Bolton as they seemingly had everything sorted then Laurence Bassini stepped in at the 11th hour and halted it. Whether that's with their best interests in mind, I've no idea, but it's a crazy situation to say the least.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Truly an awful situation and sadly one that needs dealing with straight away.

Bolton as a club needs to be disbanded and closed for the sake of all other teams in that division, it is only right and fair that they know who they are playing this season.

If not then immediate financial backing has to be in place, not talked about and a wait and see situation but right now!

Interested as to whether this would be your feelings still if it was boro in that position again DS? Think we should be behind Bolton if for no other reason than the fans deserve better.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Batmalan said:

Interested as to whether this would be your feelings still if it was boro in that position again DS? Think we should be behind Bolton if for no other reason than the fans deserve better.

100% agree with you and nothing but sympathy for the fans of BW.

But how much longer can false promises be allowed how many more games called off and the continuance of breaking the rules and regulations of the league system?

I do remember how close we were to going out of existence and it was horrifying.

Ultimately, it all comes down to the *cough* fit and proper persons test not being fit or proper. Think about any club that's stared down the barrel of oblivion this century, and there's generally been a scumbag owner lurking in the background giving it the full Kevin the Teenager.

It'd be absolutely tragic if Bolton or Bury folded, let alone both of them - and particularly considering the inexorable rise of Salford a few miles down the road. But the FA have utterly failed to supervise ownership of football league clubs, the EFL seem powerless to do anything other than expel struggling clubs, and owners/prospective owners like Bassini continue to be tolerated instead of chased back into the shadows with pitchforks.

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

Ultimately, it all comes down to the *cough* fit and proper persons test not being fit or proper. Think about any club that's stared down the barrel of oblivion this century, and there's generally been a scumbag owner lurking in the background giving it the full Kevin the Teenager.

It'd be absolutely tragic if Bolton or Bury folded, let alone both of them - and particularly considering the inexorable rise of Salford a few miles down the road. But the FA have utterly failed to supervise ownership of football league clubs, the EFL seem powerless to do anything other than expel struggling clubs, and owners/prospective owners like Bassini continue to be tolerated instead of chased back into the shadows with pitchforks.

The guy who bought bury didnt have to go through the fit and proper test  because he bought them mid season. Its nuts.