oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The guy who bought bury didnt have to go through the fit and proper test  because he bought them mid season. Its nuts.

I know, whoever thought of that wonderful idea should be dragged away. Absolute nut-cases.

ned flanders insanity GIF

• Like 1
  • Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The guy who bought bury didnt have to go through the fit and proper test  because he bought them mid season. Its nuts.

Talking of nuts, someone at the FA should have theirs put in a vice and crushed for leaving such a gaping hole in the protection mechanisms meant to keep clubs safe from the fate befalling Bury. A more unfit and improper system I have yet to encounter.

• Like 3

They don't want to have to deal with any of it if they can help it.  They just don't want the hassle.  Certain rules were changed years back to make it easier for people to make money out of football but it didn't occur to the FA that some of the people looking to do this might not be jolly good chaps.  The current fit and proper tests aren't fit for purpose, which is basically because they don't want to stop anyone owning a football club, short of them being a serious crook anyway.  Probably more worried about potential legal battles with people who are being refused permission than they are about nobheads getting hold of football clubs and screwing them over.

• Like 2

They dont even care if they're a literal criminal, they let a convicted rapist control blackpool for years.

Apologies. It is the son that was on the EFL board for years and years, not the father.

Apologies you are correct it was the son on the board, but the point remains that the EFL didn't seem to give a flying *** about oyston owning blackpool and he is a legitimate convicted criminal so ?‍♂️

Just now, Brunners said:

Apologies you are correct it was the son on the board, but the point remains that the EFL didn't seem to give a flying *** about oyston owning blackpool and he is a legitimate convicted criminal so ?‍♂️

It's cos things that were before they introduced the test weren't counted I believe ?

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's cos things that were before they introduced the test weren't counted I believe ?

If that is true I think that's bananas too. 

On the topic though I really hope things look up for Bolton and Bury! Don't want to see more clubs go under.

I'm a huge admirer of Phil Parkinson,  and he did well to stick it out at Bolton as long as he did. Imagine having to motivate a team of teenagers in League One every week, and keeping their spirits up in such unforgiving circumstances. It'd be almost as dispiriting as having to manage Sunderland.