• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

None of them would overly excite me bar maybe the latter if i was stoke fan @northern boro

I am not advocating JW should be sacked but I was looking at managers who are available earlier more out of boredom who I feel could do a better job with our current squad/new model/lack of funds.

Chris Hughton jumps out as obvious choice and two maybe less popular choices but ones i think would make us competitive in this league at the right end of the table with even this squad would be Gary Rowett or Nigel Adkins.

Rowett did not do well at Stoke but did well at Derby and Birmingham. Adkins likewise at Hull. Plus both know the lower leagues well which is market we will be targeting under new recruitment model.

Other names out of work are Sam Allardyce, Carlos Carvahal, Claude Puel, Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew, Aitor and Sol Campbell.

54 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Watched Newcastle yesterday... what a sorry state all three of the big northeast clubs are in.

Could next season be the first ever premier league season with none of us in it...? 

Could be fun if we survived, Sunderland got promoted and Newcastle got relegated ? 

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Could be fun if we survived, Sunderland got promoted and Newcastle got relegated ? 

I didn't even think of that - you're right! 

Although I still feel like it's better for all of us for the others to be doing well if you see what I mean.... players will be more attracted to an area where there are 3 PL teams within driving distance. 

Pulis will be all over that Stoke vacancy. A club in a *** or bust situation means more allowances for him. Transfer % Revenue bonus, remote base in Bournemouth and a golden up front handshake from Coates family for accepting which was in our case legal fees arising from his time at Palace

Just now, northern boro said:

Both Derby players who were arrested and charge with drink-driving are in the squad tonight Tom Lawrence is starting whilst Mason Bennet is on the bench

Lack of principles from Derby again

I mean they've said from the off that they'd rehabilitate them. They're guilty for what they did, what they did was stupid, irrational and I suppose to some, unforgivable. But they're young lads and as long as they accept what they did was wrong, accept the charges and try to atone for it, by all means, give them the platform to do that. I'm sure they've been punished internally too. They may even be playing under the pretence of none of their regular bonuses and whatnot, we don't know. I'm sure both players don't want to hide away from it given they both clearly wanted to be involved with the squad.

The way McManaman just scored for Luton, should be watched over and over by our attacking outlets .. He was just steering in a good cross.. No blasting to make it look spectacular.. Just a good controlled steering 

15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I mean they've said from the off that they'd rehabilitate them. They're guilty for what they did, what they did was stupid, irrational and I suppose to some, unforgivable. But they're young lads and as long as they accept what they did was wrong, accept the charges and try to atone for it, by all means, give them the platform to do that. I'm sure they've been punished internally too. They may even be playing under the pretence of none of their regular bonuses and whatnot, we don't know. I'm sure both players don't want to hide away from it given they both clearly wanted to be involved with the squad.

That sounds very painful ?

• Haha 2