Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

None of them would overly excite me bar maybe the latter if i was stoke fan @northern boro

I am not advocating JW should be sacked but I was looking at managers who are available earlier more out of boredom who I feel could do a better job with our current squad/new model/lack of funds.

Chris Hughton jumps out as obvious choice and two maybe less popular choices but ones i think would make us competitive in this league at the right end of the table with even this squad would be Gary Rowett or Nigel Adkins.

Rowett did not do well at Stoke but did well at Derby and Birmingham. Adkins likewise at Hull. Plus both know the lower leagues well which is market we will be targeting under new recruitment model.

Other names out of work are Sam Allardyce, Carlos Carvahal, Claude Puel, Mark Hughes, Alan Pardew, Aitor and Sol Campbell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Newcastle yesterday... what a sorry state all three of the big northeast clubs are in.

Could next season be the first ever premier league season with none of us in it...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Watched Newcastle yesterday... what a sorry state all three of the big northeast clubs are in.

Could next season be the first ever premier league season with none of us in it...? 

Could be fun if we survived, Sunderland got promoted and Newcastle got relegated ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Could be fun if we survived, Sunderland got promoted and Newcastle got relegated ? 

I didn't even think of that - you're right! 

Although I still feel like it's better for all of us for the others to be doing well if you see what I mean.... players will be more attracted to an area where there are 3 PL teams within driving distance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulis will be all over that Stoke vacancy. A club in a *** or bust situation means more allowances for him. Transfer % Revenue bonus, remote base in Bournemouth and a golden up front handshake from Coates family for accepting which was in our case legal fees arising from his time at Palace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tottenham beat at home 2-7 v Bayern! 

Huddersfields first win .. Stoke still without any wins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Derby players who were arrested and charge with drink-driving are in the squad tonight Tom Lawrence is starting whilst Mason Bennet is on the bench

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, northern boro said:

Both Derby players who were arrested and charge with drink-driving are in the squad tonight Tom Lawrence is starting whilst Mason Bennet is on the bench

Lack of principles from Derby again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean they've said from the off that they'd rehabilitate them. They're guilty for what they did, what they did was stupid, irrational and I suppose to some, unforgivable. But they're young lads and as long as they accept what they did was wrong, accept the charges and try to atone for it, by all means, give them the platform to do that. I'm sure they've been punished internally too. They may even be playing under the pretence of none of their regular bonuses and whatnot, we don't know. I'm sure both players don't want to hide away from it given they both clearly wanted to be involved with the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way McManaman just scored for Luton, should be watched over and over by our attacking outlets .. He was just steering in a good cross.. No blasting to make it look spectacular.. Just a good controlled steering 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I mean they've said from the off that they'd rehabilitate them. They're guilty for what they did, what they did was stupid, irrational and I suppose to some, unforgivable. But they're young lads and as long as they accept what they did was wrong, accept the charges and try to atone for it, by all means, give them the platform to do that. I'm sure they've been punished internally too. They may even be playing under the pretence of none of their regular bonuses and whatnot, we don't know. I'm sure both players don't want to hide away from it given they both clearly wanted to be involved with the squad.

That sounds very painful ?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

That sounds very painful ?

Either that or something SmogDane might watch on the internet... ?

  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Not really one to share info but been told tonight there is definite interest in Gibson and both parties want it to happen. This information is from the same guy that told me about Ste Walker starting against Stoke which I posted about in the matchday thread a good few days before. As I say just passing on information but makes it more interesting after Woody’s BBC Tees interview. 
    • Just got back (found a nice pub after the game). Eerily similar to the spurs game earlier in the week. Preposterous first half full of errors, lying deep and conceding the midfield. Second half was end to end. Boro supporters in full voice, home fans mustering little. Roberts was excellent, he didn't stop running. Fulham looked dead good though, It took us a full half until we could scare them. I'd like to think a draw would have been fair but I think Fulham were just better (and so they should be). Onwards and upwards.
    • I always thought Reece Oxford was a DM? I swear that’s when he played in that game against arsenal.
    • Woodgate also said that he would have loved to have played a back 4 tonight obviously couldn’t since we only have 1 for centre half.    Personally think Woody wants to go back to the original plan of 4-3-3 as soon as he possibly can. 
×
×
  • Create New...