Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

the only reason Derby are "rehabilitating" them is because they'd be *** without them.

I'm not disputing that that's why Derby are actually doing it but I don't really care about Derby and their reasons.

I am saying from the perspective of the players as human beings that they should be rehabilitated because they're young men who have a long life ahead of them, chastising them indefinitely for their crimes the way an institution like a football club the size of Derby could would be hugely damaging to their wellbeing. Especially when we find out that part of the reason Lawrence has been drinking and being daft is because he's lost someone he's very close to recently, that's a very human thing to do and he needs supporting through that at the same time as being punished.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not disputing that that's why Derby are actually doing it but I don't really care about Derby and their reasons.

I am saying from the perspective of the players as human beings that they should be rehabilitated because they're young men who have a long life ahead of them, chastising them indefinitely for their crimes the way an institution like a football club the size of Derby could would be hugely damaging to their wellbeing. Especially when we find out that part of the reason Lawrence has been drinking and being daft is because he's lost someone he's very close to recently, that's a very human thing to do and he needs supporting through that at the same time as being punished.

I disagree. They have lots of money therefore they should all be rounded up and shot 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 9:59 PM, Blanco said:

Assume you mean Georgia @boroie? Yes I did unfortunately and I thought it was dire from us. I did say if we could “fluke” a win against the Swiss we would be through along with Denmark (taking it for granted they will beat Gibraltar). Stranger things have happened in sport before and will happen again. I’m just hoping it is our turn to defy all logic tomorrow evening. I always look on the positive side with both Ireland and Boro.

I did actually mean Georgia, my bad!!

I watched that game against the Swiss, and while we were better, unfortunately the Swiss are a lot better than the Georgians. We got well trounced in the end, and only Rando pulling off a few worldies kept the score down. I don't see us beating the Danes next month though, so its probably playoffs for us (I think thats how it works anyway?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boroie said:

I did actually mean Georgia, my bad!!

I watched that game against the Swiss, and while we were better, unfortunately the Swiss are a lot better than the Georgians. We got well trounced in the end, and only Rando pulling off a few worldies kept the score down. I don't see us beating the Danes next month though, so its probably playoffs for us (I think thats how it works anyway?)

Don’t say that on front of @SmogDane and @Borodane. They will only get too excited and won’t be able to sleep for a month 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SmogDane said:

I am confused 😄

That’s your normal state... isn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

That’s your normal state... isn’t it?

But was it Georgia and in what context and how can the Irish team get to play offs if not winning? 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SmogDane said:

But was it Georgia and in what context and how can the Irish team get to play offs if not winning? 😄

Nations league I believe. We would be in the playoffs due to our wonderful ability to come last in the group. But, because Denmark would qualify via the Euros Ireland would take their place in the nation’s league playoffs. Or something ridiculously similar to that...... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the precept of the Nations league is farcical. its all about revenue.  at the time people enjoyed it but there doesnt seem to be much credo for the winners  ,infact its nigh on forgotton already  .  Now it really gets murky when you look at teams like Scotland who still can qualify for the euros due to thier gruop placing in the nations league ,  AT a time when everyone was crying out for fewer games  they added this to the calendar .   similar to the system within the champions league where the third placed team goes into the uefa cup   .  makes a complete mockery of the initial qualifying  for each competition.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Blanco said:

Nations league I believe. We would be in the playoffs due to our wonderful ability to come last in the group. But, because Denmark would qualify via the Euros Ireland would take their place in the nation’s league playoffs. Or something ridiculously similar to that...... 

Yup its because of that thing. And that they scrapped relegation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently in Albania on a stag weekend and have 4 games to watch tomorrow starting at 10am with a womens Super league fixture!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, trekkers said:

Currently in Albania on a stag weekend and have 4 games to watch tomorrow starting at 10am with a womens Super league fixture!!!!

I was on a stag do in Budapest when the world cup group stages were on. Nothing better than sitting all day in the sun in a park watching game after game on the big screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Game of the day. 10am Saturday - Albanian Women’s Superleague - Dajti v Kinostudio at the Albanian FA National Training Complex in Kamez. Kinostudio won 5-0!!!! Beer commenced at 9.30am though!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game 2 of the day. Albanian 2nd Division (level 3) top of the table clash between two distant teams playing in neutral Tirana. KF Mirdita v KF Gramshi. More beer was consumed but sadly no food!!!!! I think it finished 2-2. In fact it was 2-1 to the away side 🤪 🍺🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...