oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Game 3 of the day. Albanian Super League match played behind closed doors due to recent fan trouble. We were allowed in as invited guests. KF Tirana v KF Laci. Tirana won 2-1. The beer flowed but alas nothing more substantial than a pack of oregano crisps. May of also had a little snooze in the first half!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trekkers said:

Game 3 of the day. Albanian Super League match played behind closed doors due to recent fan trouble. We were allowed in as invited guests. KF Tirana v KF Laci. Tirana won 2-1. The beer flowed but alas nothing more substantial than a pack of oregano crisps. May of also had a little snooze in the first half!!!

The snooze in the first half would be down to the oregano crisps trekkers. You should’ve just stuck with the beer 🍺 

3 hours ago, Blanco said:

The snooze in the first half would be down to the oregano crisps trekkers. You should’ve just stuck with the beer 🍺 

I had the crisps after the snooze!!!

• Haha 1

The weirdest word in the British vocabulary... Crisps  🙄😂

Braithwaite got dropped and Leganes continue to remain rooted to the bottom of La Liga on 2 points, 7 points from safety having played a game more.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

25 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Braithwaite got dropped and Leganes continue to remain rooted to the bottom of La Liga on 2 points, 7 points from safety having played a game more.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

He'll be looking to jump ship in January  

First game of the day. Slightly later start so beer did not flow until 11.30am.
Visiting Stadiumi Klubit Olimpik in Yrshek just outside Tirana which also doubles up as Juventus Academy in Albania for a 12noon kick off in u19 Superiore League - Partizani Tirana v Shkendija DR u19. Finished 2-1 to Shkendija with a red card apiece.

Game 2 today. Albanian second division (level 3) Internacional Tirana v FK Kamza at Peze Helmes I. 5-1 to Tirana

Brilliant 5 games of football this weekend in Albania.

Fun Fact:

Carlos De Pena is Dynamo Kyiv's second top scorer with 4 goals in 11 games this season 😛

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Fun Fact:

Carlos De Pena is Dynamo Kyiv's second top scorer with 4 goals in 11 games this season 😛

He'd actually do a job in our team at the minute

Edited by DurhamRed
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

He'd actually do a job in our team at the minute

Mikkel Beck in his current figure would do a job. Ricardinho and Branco would probably be star players too. 

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• If we can afford Hughton we can afford Karanka. I don't care about the dangers of nostalgia, just give me that beautiful man back. 
    • Bola and Dijksteel are very raw but certainly have potential. Sorry for repeating this point for about the third time on here, but them two would massively benefit from a top quality coach who will drill them defensively - someone akin to Karanka. If the plan is to buying young talent and improve them, like we are led to believe, with good coaching and game time then having Woodgate as our manager completely undermines it.
    • 2-0 to us. Bounce back from the Leeds result (I hope).
    • Either way he was cack. Relegation season if I remember right (09)?
    • Sorry to leave you waiting, work has been a bit hectic. I've broken your points into 3 areas.  1. The point I'm trying (and failing) to make is that from Woodgate's original press conference it seems he has a preferred style that he would like to play. This style is his ultimate end goal, how he would like us to play. This is obviously not going to happen overnight, hence why we have spent the pre-season and first few games playing "his style". It is my opinon that this is laying the foundations for us to play this way. At the present moment in time I do not feel the squad can competently play this style and as such we have reverted back to a style that the players have a familiarity with, that they can play. When Jokanovic took over Fulham, I'd argue that the free flowing style they went up with was certainly not how they started playing under Jokanovic in his first 6 months in charge. But I'd almost guarantee that he was training the group of players he had certain elements of his preferred style.  2. I'm one of the first to acknowledge that we weren't going to be signing 10 players due to our financial constraints. But to answer your question I do feel that if we had got another couple of wide players in, we may have seen Woodgate persist with "his style". I do also feel however that to get to this end point in style it would take more than just the summer window and the upcoming window. By saying this about signings I'm not admitting that we would be a swash buckling side that would sweep all before them, but it would be seen as another piece of the puzzle to help us towards Woodgate's style. Again adding to the foundations that are slowly been knitted together, like the fact we played a certain way during pre-season and the first couple of games.  Basically what I'm trying to get across is that I feel we are aiming for a certain style of play and that we are adding bit by bit certain elements of this style. Whether it is the pressing element, like we saw in the Luton, Brentford, Hull and Bristol City games (in my opinion), interestingly we played a 4-3-3 in 3/4 of those games. Or whether it is by the need of having more squad depth to allow us to try and play a 4-3-3 on a more frequent basis. 3. I've kind of half answered this in the bit above. It is of my opinion that we would see a 4-3-3 a lot more often this season if we had signed another winger (or 2) in the summer. The fact that we didn't for me is a key reason in us playing a back 5 often. I also feel a big problem is our total lack of creativity in the team. I also do not feel that we are a player or 2 away from implementing Woodgate's system. Jokanovic signed 11 permanent players in his first full season at Fulham, I don't think we need quite as many but certainly there are key positions we need filling. A striker who will press, wingers/inside forwards, a play maker in the middle, a defensive midfielder and for me a centre half that is comfortable with the ball at their feet.