oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

1 hour ago, northern boro said:

jose mourinho smile GIF

Won't be long before the Spurs fans are up in arms if they do hire him.  It would also be a strange choice after what seemed to be a deliberate decision to not go for it in the transfer market over the last few seasons when Pochettino clearly wanted them to do so.  Perhaps Mourinho will be prepared to work on a budget 😏

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Won't be long before the Spurs fans are up in arms if they do hire him.  It would also be a strange choice after what seemed to be a deliberate decision to not go for it in the transfer market over the last few seasons when Pochettino clearly wanted them to do so.  Perhaps Mourinho will be prepared to work on a budget 😏

So it is apparently what's going down..

Sorry if this has been posted but any on here think Karanka might join Jose at spurs as his assistant? AK hardly flooded with work it seems so might see it as a good opportunity. 

lmao Mourinho going to get found out worse at Spurs than he did at Utd. 

The man only knows how to play one way, and it aint the Spurs way.

Spurs might finally win something though, so maybe it's a tradeoff they are willing to make.

3 hours ago, Borodane said:

Spurs might finally win something though, so maybe it's a tradeoff they are willing to make.

Win what though?  His clubs tend to spend huge sums of money to win a few domestic titles and cups.  If Spurs could win the Premier League then I'm sure they'd be delighted with that but he got nowhere near it at Manchester United and I can't believe that they've made this change to try and win a League Cup.   As his behaviour seems to limit his time at any club to about 3 years then he's got to get things moving very quickly.

• Like 1

Hugill has now scored 8 goals this season. Which is 2 more than he got with us all of last season.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth

On 11/22/2019 at 9:48 AM, Borodane said:

Well if his spells at Chelsea & Man Utd are any guide, it will be a couple of years of success and trophies, followed by an acrimonious split amid lots of tabloid headlines and Twitter spats.

Sad really IMO and it shows how miserably short-term Daniel Levy's thinking is.

He didn't want to give Poch money to spend after years of building a squad that reached the Champions League final..and zero spending in the last 2 transfer windows...

Yet he's appointed a manager renowned for spending HUGE amounts of money...and never sticking around for more than 2-3 seasons.

Spurs fans had better enjoy the ride while it lasts...cause it won't be long and will likely have a bumpy ending.

Edited by AnglianRed

On 11/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, wilsoncgp said:

'Going in a different direction' could just mean 'going down the cheaper route'.

Well, as the saying goes: you get what you pay for (or not, in this case). 🤔

• Like 1