oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

28 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Got a feeling Arsenal may go for Eddie Howe

I think they are looking at a bigger figure in international terms. Think the Arsenal job is too big a step for him. Arsenal are apparently talking to Nuno from Wolves. That would be a huge blow for Wolves.

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I think they are looking at a bigger figure in international terms. Think the Arsenal job is too big a step for him. Arsenal are apparently talking to Nuno from Wolves. That would be a huge blow for Wolves.

If I was Nuno, I don't think I'd leave Wolves for Arsenal. Hes currently working with a big budget compared to the teams they are competing with and would be changing to working with less than his peers at Arsenal. He also seems to have really bought into the project at Wolves too.

Howe is accustomed to being the little fish in the small pond.

Screenshot_20191129-124743_Chrome.jpg

Allegri could be the big fish you would expect but I wholly expect them to go for someone who wouldn't command as big a wage (although I suppose there is no compensation to pay which could offer a bit more room for negotiation on his contract)

• Like 1

If Pochettino wants to rub Daniel Levy's nose in it, he should take the Arsenal job. He might not want to work with prima donnas like Ozil, but he's good at getting players to give their all, there's real talent in the Arsenal squad, and he wouldn't have to move house.

Not convinced Santo is right for Arsenal, and I can't see Eddie Howe being trusted with the task of restoring CL football to the Emirates. I'd guess Arteta will be offered the post.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

If Pochettino wants to rub Daniel Levy's nose in it, he should take the Arsenal job. He might not want to work with prima donnas like Ozil, but he's good at getting players to give their all, there's real talent in the Arsenal squad, and he wouldn't have to move house.

Not convinced Santo is right for Arsenal, and I can't see Eddie Howe being trusted with the task of restoring CL football to the Emirates. I'd guess Arteta will be offered the post.

Agree.

Nuno I would think is very happy with where Wolves are right now. Arsenal are a big name, but does he want the job of rebuilding / restoring a fallen club? 

Eddie, while undoubtedly a very good coach...I get the impression he's more used to working with honest grafters. Could he handle having to work with temperamental prima donnas?

I wonder what Arsenal will do if Ljungberg has a golden spell like Solskjaer did at Man Utd? Will they give him a chance, or are they determined to land an experienced coach with a track record?

Would really love to see Pochettino get the job, but it looks as though there are a couple of more likely candidates out there.

On 11/29/2019 at 10:17 AM, AnglianRed said:

Yet the claim of manslaughter against the 96 was upheld

Unless I have read it wrong the manslaughter charge of 95 was what he was cleared of in the most recent trial.

Euro 2020 draw:

Group A
1. Turkey
2. Italy
3. Wales
4. Switzerland

Group B
1. Denmark
2. Finland
3. Belgium
4. Russia

Group C
1. Netherlands
2. Ukraine
3. Austria
4. Play-Off Winner D/Romania (if they win Play-Off A)

Group D
1. England
2. Croatia
3. Play-Off Winner C
4. Czech Republic

Group E
1. Spain
2. Sweden
3. Poland
4. Play-Off Winner B

Group F
1. Play-Off Winner A/Play-Off Winner D
2. Portugal
3. France
4. Germany

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

England get a very good group.

Looks tough to me. We've both beaten and lost to Croatia & Czech Republic recently.

I think England could have a real fight on their hands just to get out of the group.

Watford are going to sack Sanchez Flores, they'll be on their 3rd manager before Christmas.

Utterly ridiculous! I couldn't understand why they re-appointed him in the first place. 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Looks tough to me. We've both beaten and lost to Croatia & Czech Republic recently.

I think England could have a real fight on their hands just to get out of the group.

The Czechs are terrible, Croatia are aging and there's little to fear from the play-off winner.

Given we can progress by finishing 3rd, it's easier to get out of the group than fail to.

Would they like to do a manager swap with us? Think he could do a job in terms of stabilising us and getting more out of the players we have. 

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

The Czechs are terrible, Croatia are aging and there's little to fear from the play-off winner.

Given we can progress by finishing 3rd, it's easier to get out of the group than fail to.

I didn't realise we only need to finish 3rd. 😮

Jesus - England really have no excuse for not progressing.

Still, I don't feel its a given we will beat either Czech Rep or Croatia. We will have to play well and keep mistakes to a minimum. Any complacency and they can still do us.