oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Messi has won a record 6th Ballon d'Or, his stats from last season were brilliant.

Classy as ever, Ronaldo didn't turn up to the awards ceremony as it was clear either Messi or Van Dijk would win it.

On 12/1/2019 at 3:27 PM, AnglianRed said:

I didn't realise we only need to finish 3rd. 😮

Jesus - England really have no excuse for not progressing.

Still, I don't feel its a given we will beat either Czech Rep or Croatia. We will have to play well and keep mistakes to a minimum. Any complacency and they can still do us.

Finishing 2nd in the Group gives us a much easier path anyway 😉 

The winner of our Group D plays 2nd place from the insane Group F of Portugal, Germany and France. 

The 2nd place of our group plays the 2nd place of Group E of Spain, Sweden and Poland...... 

• Thanks 1

How come Sheff wed’s owner appears to be getting rodgered for selling the stadium to himself but it was declared ok for Derby? Not read into it but that’s how it looks on the face of it....

13 minutes ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

How come Sheff wed’s owner appears to be getting rodgered for selling the stadium to himself but it was declared ok for Derby? Not read into it but that’s how it looks on the face of it....

The Sheff Wed owner doesn’t sit on the EFL board. Mel Morris does/did

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

My own interpretation is that Derby bought their own stadium, and then spent the money.

Sheffield Wednesday spent the money, and then a year later bought their own stadium to try and cover up the shortfall, but recorded it as being sold the year before.

Both are dodgy to me, but Sheff Wed literally tried to con the EFL by fudging the books.

Edited by TeaCider24

46 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

My own interpretation is that Derby bought their own stadium, and then spent the money.

Sheffield Wednesday spent the money, and then a year later bought their own stadium to try and cover up the shortfall, but recorded it as being sold the year before.

Both are dodgy to me, but Sheff Wed literally tried to con the EFL by fudging the books.

Yes I think this is it; I read it has something to do with the year they put the sale through their accounts, although I can't find the piece now.

Also Derby are being looked into again so that's not necessarily over.

I don’t think Derby, Reading and Aston Villa are out of the woods yet. Think they are anxiously looking at the Wednesday case. 

"Bamford is roundly booed for his slightly over-the-top reaction." 😂

He just can't help himself, can he.

From the Huddersfield v Leeds game, which I'm not sure I actually want Leeds to win even if it helps us.