oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Nice to see Lille have benched their best players against Chelsea. I bet Ajax and Valencia aren't too happy.

Barca playing their reserves at Inter too, when it's between Inter and Dortmund for second place. Barca are winning though and I don't blame Lille or Barca when they don't have anything resting on the games and they want to rest players for future games, but why did Lille even bring their top players if they aren't going to play them?

I doubt European competition even has  a 'play your best side' rule, as both Lille and Barca have broken that tonight.

1 hour ago, SouthWest Boro said:

Nice to see Lille have benched their best players against Chelsea. I bet Ajax and Valencia aren't too happy.

Barca playing their reserves at Inter too, when it's between Inter and Dortmund for second place. Barca are winning though and I don't blame Lille or Barca when they don't have anything resting on the games and they want to rest players for future games, but why did Lille even bring their top players if they aren't going to play them?

I doubt European competition even has  a 'play your best side' rule, as both Lille and Barca have broken that tonight.

They all wanted groups to earn more money so that's the way it goes.

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

They all wanted groups to earn more money so that's the way it goes.

I agree, but i'm thinking from a fans point of view, but then we are the last thing clubs think of.

Ancelloti has just been sacked by Napoli after a 4-0 win secured qualification for the knockout stage of the champions league 

16 hours ago, Blanco said:

Ancelloti has just been sacked by Napoli after a 4-0 win secured qualification for the knockout stage of the champions league 

It must've been the zero wins in 9 games prior to that. Board had probably had already made up their minds before CL game.

Still, 7th in the league...its not exactly a crisis...

5 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

He also had a falling out with the club president who wanted to impose a curfew on the players. Do they didn’t have the best relationship 

• Thanks 1

Wigan beating WBA atm .. Not good 

Barnsley winning v Reading .. Is ok .. 

Derby getting closer to a relegation battle

WBA equalized 

Swansea's Tom Carrol will miss the game v Boro for 2 times yellow v Blackburn

Tonight is the first time I've really looked at the table. So... Leeds and West Brom are going up aren't they!?

The bottom 8 have less points between them than the top 2 have between them and 3rd.

It's all a bit tight at the moment outside the top 2. The biggest gap in the middle of the table is 3 points between Charlton and Derby.

In terms of us, I think we're in an okay position in terms of being safe. 4 points off the bottom 3. I think there are still worse teams than us above us right now and perhaps only Stoke better than us below us.

On the evidence of the season so far, and assuming January doesn't go dreadful (which recent history suggests would be optimistic if nothing else) then we should certainly survive. Two big results in the next two home games would go a long way.

• Like 3

I just sat looking at the table too!

I think, Luton, Charlton, Barnsley will go down.  Yes it is the three newly promoted teams.

Based on recent form and knowledge of other teams, I predict us to be 17th come may. 

If we at least could have a January window with just a little feel good about it ... 

Then we can do better when the summer window comes. 

This season is about survival and Woody learning while/by doing ..  

12 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Tonight is the first time I've really looked at the table. So... Leeds and West Brom are going up aren't they!?

The bottom 8 have less points between them than the top 2 have between them and 3rd.

It's all a bit tight at the moment outside the top 2. The biggest gap in the middle of the table is 3 points between Charlton and Derby.

In terms of us, I think we're in an okay position in terms of being safe. 4 points off the bottom 3. I think there are still worse teams than us above us right now and perhaps only Stoke better than us below us.

On the evidence of the season so far, and assuming January doesn't go dreadful (which recent history suggests would be optimistic if nothing else) then we should certainly survive. Two big results in the next two home games would go a long way.

It is going to take an implosion of epic proportions to stop either of Leeds or WBA going up.

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It is going to take an implosion of epic proportions to stop either of Leeds or WBA going up.

Even I’m not that optimistic to think that we can do that Brunners 😂

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Even I’m not that optimistic to think that we can do that Brunners 😂

No I'm not saying we will stop them lmao. I'm saying that for me unless they collapse hilariously, those two are going up top two.

• Haha 1