oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

I think Birmingham are getting done again.

BIRMINGHAM CITY AND THE EFL:

The Club confirms that it has been charged with a breach of EFL Regulations in relation to a business plan imposed upon us in the 2018/19 season.

The Club denies the charge and we await the outcome of ongoing disciplinary proceedings.

We shall be making no further comment at this time.

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

What does that even mean. They had something imposed on them and broke those rules too?

They got a points deduction last season for breaking financial rules, presumably they were given parameters they had to stick to after that and have broken those too.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They got a points deduction last season for breaking financial rules, presumably they were given parameters they had to stick to after that and have broken those too.

Pretty much this.  

We should steam in there and get Juke back 💪

33 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

If they get 9 points again that'll put them bottom of the Championship 😱. Hopefully Sheffield Wednesday are hit soon along with Derby!

Future news headlines!

May 8th 2020

13 Championship clubs have had a 9 point deduction, which sees Boro skip into the top 6.  Boro chairman Steve Gibson receives praise for his caretaking of FFP!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

*** VAR starring again. We need a massive overhaul of the rules/laws or just get rid of the *** thing 

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

*** VAR starring again. We need a massive overhaul of the rules/laws or just get rid of the *** thing 

It better not rule a Boro goal out by the width of a hair at Tottenham like! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Uwe said:

Once again I'm forced to ask if the problem here is VAR or the rule it enforced. In this one, I'm even more convinced it was the rule it enforced that's actually the problem. How that can be given for handball when you're looking at it in slow motion and can see there's no intent is absolutely mad. Applying the laws, it is handball though. Pathetic nonetheless.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Once again I'm forced to ask if the problem here is VAR or the rule it enforced. In this one, I'm even more convinced it was the rule it enforced that's actually the problem. How that can be given for handball when you're looking at it in slow motion and can see there's no intent is absolutely mad. Applying the laws, it is handball though. Pathetic nonetheless.

Nothing wrong with VAR. it’s the rules. If the rules say you can be offside by a mm VAR is going to flag that up when it happens. 

I dont agree with the argument that the rules are the problem and that var isnt the issue. For 2 main reasons -

1) var is the reason that these rules are able to be enforced with such forensic precision. Taking the offside and handball examples - because var exists there is a requirement that everything has to be black and white and that middle ground/contextual decision making disappears in order to keep it consistent across the board. If the referee as the power to say one is a handball and the other isnt, you'll end up with more complaints than ever. There will be countless comparisons being made from one situation to the next and it would be even worse. Any rule changes under var will have to have a similar black and white factual right and wrong - which is a completely wrong way to approach the game in my opinion. 

2) the system of only reviewing major decisions is inherently unfair. If a team is awarded a throw in incorrectly and the move ends with a goal 30 seconds later the goal stands. 2 mins later and the other team has a decision go the other way because the decision is within what they consider to be the "phase of play". How is this a fair way of referring a game?

My final point would be this - now that weve witnessed var in action, has it improved the game? Is it more enjoyable to watch? Are the delays acceptable? Has it reduced controversy in the game? I'd say the answer is no to all of those, and really thats the bottom line. I've been anti var since the start and remain so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree with you, VAR is damaging the game, the outcome of football matches is now being determined by a teenager with a computer in an office.

For offsides, the replay is frozen at the point at which the operator considers the ball left the foot of the player passing the ball, there is no way that this is frame accurate, they effectively draw arbitrary lines and use them as proof. So glad we don’t have it in the champo. 

27 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I dont agree with the argument that the rules are the problem and that var isnt the issue. For 2 main reasons -

1) var is the reason that these rules are able to be enforced with such forensic precision. Taking the offside and handball examples - because var exists there is a requirement that everything has to be black and white and that middle ground/contextual decision making disappears in order to keep it consistent across the board. If the referee as the power to say one is a handball and the other isnt, you'll end up with more complaints than ever. There will be countless comparisons being made from one situation to the next and it would be even worse. Any rule changes under var will have to have a similar black and white factual right and wrong - which is a completely wrong way to approach the game in my opinion. 

2) the system of only reviewing major decisions is inherently unfair. If a team is awarded a throw in incorrectly and the move ends with a goal 30 seconds later the goal stands. 2 mins later and the other team has a decision go the other way because the decision is within what they consider to be the "phase of play". How is this a fair way of referring a game?

My final point would be this - now that weve witnessed var in action, has it improved the game? Is it more enjoyable to watch? Are the delays acceptable? Has it reduced controversy in the game? I'd say the answer is no to all of those, and really thats the bottom line. I've been anti var since the start and remain so. 

Agree 100% 👍