oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

5 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Gibson about to have a party 😂

I imagine there are some legal peeps quite happy as well as this one could go the distance 🤑

They must have reached the conclusion that the valuation of the stadium has been inflated I'm guessing 🤥

Shame Derby are crap this season mind 🤭

• Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I doubt Gibson would be hammering the EFL about FFP if we had breached it

I think this is why he is *** because we are doing all we can to stay in limits and noone else gives a ***.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Right why has it taken them so long this breach has cost Boro a place in last season's playoffs and you never know Boro could of won promotion. Gibson needs to file for compensation!

Table may well change quite a bit this season..  Wednesday Brum Derby all dancing penalties and that's only a small number apparently . If Villa come down there in trouble and If Fulham dont go up there struggling as well

• Like 1
Just now, DurhamRed said:

Right why has it taken them so long this breach has cost Boro a place in last season's playoffs and you never know Boro could of won promotion. Gibson needs to file for compensation!

That's why I think it has to be based on the valuation otherwise it should have been dealt with sooner.   Unless the EFL have been going over the regs with a fine tooth comb and trying to see if there's a way of showing that a stadium sale like this is actually against the rules.  Derby made a £21m loss in the previous two seasons and a £14m profit in the final season (after selling the stadium for £80m).  So if the stadium sale is discounted completely then they are screwed in terms of FFP but even if the valuation is just not accepted by about £20m then they'll be screwed as well.

• Like 1

The fact that the have employed a player on a 100k a weekend shows a massive disregard to FFP. I know the increased their sponsorship deal accordingly with red32 but it still shows a player on 5 million a year while you could argue that the increase in sponsorship deals should be used to reduce the deficit and not increase wages. 

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

They paid £10m for Krystian Bielik

Did they? Transfermarkt says 8.2 mil euros. But they are not always correct. Still it’s absurd for a club in their position. 

Rob Dorsett from Sky reckons that the sale and lease back isn't an issue, it's that the EFL value the stadium lower than Derby's valuation.  If that's the case then this could run a while.  I assume that the EFL had it valued themselves and presumably asked if £80m was even close to realistic.  Once they've been told no it isn't they've decided to hold them in breach of the FFP rules.