oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Did they? Transfermarkt says 8.2 mil euros. But they are not always correct. Still it’s absurd for a club in their position. 

According to the Telegraph it is £10m with clauses, just under 8 without.

• Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Can we all spare a thought for poor Wayne Rooney? The lad has well and truly got himself into a championship relegation battle now😂. Probably looking at ways to get out of his contract as we speak

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Rob Dorsett from Sky reckons that the sale and lease back isn't an issue, it's that the EFL value the stadium lower than Derby's valuation.  If that's the case then this could run a while.  I assume that the EFL had it valued themselves and presumably asked if £80m was even close to realistic.  Once they've been told no it isn't they've decided to hold them in breach of the FFP rules.

The sale and lease back was never the problem, in theory that is completely within the rules. 

2 minutes ago, Will said:

The sale and lease back was never the problem, in theory that is completely within the rules. 

However BS those rules still are lol. That whole thing stunk from the ground up but the fact they sold it for twice its apparent listed valuation turns out to be the bit the EFL don't like.

16 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

If the EFL don’t think that Derby’s stadium was worth £80 million then why would the EFL allow the sale to happen? Can see Derby getting away with this

Because the EFL aren't actually capable of assessing what it's worth.  They'll have had it valued by someone and that valuation is what the EFL will be basing this on.  The problem is that Derby will say that they had it valued and that was the valuation they based their sale on.  If Derby can prove that their valuation was legit then the EFL won't have a case and Derby will be fine.  If not then they are in some bother.

34 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Can we all spare a thought for poor Wayne Rooney? The lad has well and truly got himself into a championship relegation battle now😂. Probably looking at ways to get out of his contract as we speak

He'll be tearing his hair out.

• Haha 2

Derby based their valuation on the ground having a roof and retractable pitch. Which it doesn't have but could be added. That would allow them to use it year round and during the season for non football activity.

It's total nonsense and they know it.

Gibson threatening to sue the EFL has forced this and I'm very pleased. I bet all the other chancers are getting very nervous. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Derby based their valuation on the ground having a roof and retractable pitch. Which it doesn't have but could be added. That would allow them to use it year round and during the season for non football activity.

Is this true? I've literally just got in and seen the news but this would seem to be a huge mis-step if the above is true. You surely can't value what you don't have. You can value potential, maybe (the housing market certainly seems to 😄) but not the existence of something that doesn't exist.

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Is this true? I've literally just got in and seen the news but this would seem to be a huge mis-step if the above is true. You surely can't value what you don't have. You can value potential, maybe (the housing market certainly seems to 😄) but not the existence of something that doesn't exist.

I believe it is true, Derby valued their ground based on other potential events they could hold there in the right circumstances.

11 hours ago, BoroJake said:

If the EFL don’t think that Derby’s stadium was worth £80 million then why would the EFL allow the sale to happen? Can see Derby getting away with this

Derby won't get away with it this time, they'll get a big fine. They more than likely won't get a points deduction (although they should.)