oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Derby won't get away with it this time, they'll get a big fine. They more than likely won't get a points deduction (although they should.)

If they are found to have overvalued their ground, and therefore their reported loss greater than the allowed they should get a points deduction too, IMO. 

• Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

I don't see a great deal of value in fining a club for having an unsustainable financial situation. The bigger message you want to send, the worse you actually make the situation for the club who then have to scramble to cover those losses.

Even if it was a small points deduction or a single window transfer ban, I'd sooner that than fine clubs for spending money poorly.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't see a great deal of value in fining a club for having an unsustainable financial situation. The bigger message you want to send, the worse you actually make the situation for the club who then have to scramble to cover those losses.

Even if it was a small points deduction or a single window transfer ban, I'd sooner that than fine clubs for spending money poorly.

But they aren't really in financial bother. It's just difficult for them to comply with FFP because their owner wants to spend more. I agree that a point deduction and a transfer embargo would be better and something they would learn more from than Mel Morris paying a fine. Looking at their squad it would harm them more not to able to strengthen the squad in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

But they aren't really in financial bother. It's just difficult for them to comply with FFP because their owner wants to spend more. I agree that a point deduction and a transfer embargo would be better and something they would learn more from than Mel Morris paying a fine. Looking at their squad it would harm them more not to able to strengthen the squad in the summer.

For sure, I get that but the ultimate end goal of operating unsustainably is a financial thing and if the best you can do is increase the level of fine you give to them the worse they are operating, at some point there is a direct effect on how much they can work with. You're just adding to the losses they're making. I'm not sure if that loss gets included in the FFP test, mind? I'd suspect no? But I'm really not sure.

It does make me glad that we've dialed back the spending and focused on the academy, I'd hate to be in the position of Derby basically the same points total as us but with the prospect of points deductions, a massive wage bill and debts that could effect them for years. It feels like Middlesbrough as a club are part way through a period of resetting and rebuilding.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

We will beg to differ on financial issues... didnt pay them on time end of December and whilst only rumours they could be deferring on Jan wages as well... that's only rumours though.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

We will beg to differ on financial issues... didnt pay them on time end of December and whilst only rumours they could be deferring on Jan wages as well... that's only rumours though.

Bet Wayne get's his money on time 😄

12 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Thats down to the takeover rather than money. Complicated deal

7 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Bet Wayne get's his money on time 😄

Was our match against Derby sponsored by 32Red because we both have them as kit sponsors or because Rooney was in the game? That's what I want to know. I can't remember another game this season which has been sponsored by anyone but the Derby game was sponsored by 32Red.

7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

21 point deduction? I thought it was 9?

12 is the maximum for breaching the laws and I think another 9 points can be added on top of that if there is foul play, such as deliberately misrepresenting the value of a stadium to circumvent Profit and Sustainability laws 🤠 It's more than likely going to be the 9 points that Birmingham received though I'd suspect.