oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

12 is the maximum for breaching the laws and I think another 9 points can be added on top of that if there is foul play, such as deliberately misrepresenting the value of a stadium to circumvent Profit and Sustainability laws 🤠 It's more than likely going to be the 9 points that Birmingham received though I'd suspect.

21 would surely see Derby relegated, correct?

• Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

It might not be anything unless the EFL can prove that the valuation was dodgy and explain why they signed off on it in the first place.  If nothing else, Gibson has shown that the EFL's FFP checks are about as extensive as their fit and proper person checks.  Absolutely bloody useless.

54 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/34193-efl-charge-derby-over-ffp/

They're shitting themselves, and rightly so. A lot of anger towards Mel Morris

(Warning: There's like 43 pages.)

One of them put up a pic of Steve Gibson and said "I bet the smug smog is pleased with himself now" 😂😂😂

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/34193-efl-charge-derby-over-ffp/

They're shitting themselves, and rightly so. A lot of anger towards Mel Morris

(Warning: There's like 43 pages.)

Half of them are shitting themselves and the other half think they'll get off scott free and it's all a bunch of hogwash. 

Edit: Not to mention the old 'hypocritical' Gibson spiel about how he 'sold Boro's debts to one of his own firms at a cost to the taxpayer'

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Half of them are shitting themselves and the other half think they'll get off scott free and it's all a bunch of hogwash. 

Seems to align with one half thinking the move to sell your stadium in effect to yourself to get around financial obligations isn't a sustainable way of doing things and the other half not giving a toss because the current laws don't say it isn't sustainable.

The EFL are *** and have not helped themselves in this situation and if it comes down to Derby just having to prove the valuation they got was fair then they may be okay. A £20-30m difference suggests quite a significant difference and I heard that apparently they didn't even need to value it as high as that unless they were expecting even more losses this season.

But whilst I quite like Derby, I sincerely hope we see some balls from the EFL in tackling the problems with their own profitability and sustainability rules. The loopholes have to be closed and in such a clear act of trying to skirt around the rules, I fully believe retrospective action should be taken against them if they amend the laws. Derby fans unfortunately need to see what Mel Morris has done as exactly what it is. Call it clever accounting if you wish, it's only been done for one reason; to spend more in an unsustainable way.

• Like 1

I don’t think anything will happen to Derby. As the EFL signed off on the stadium deal before it went ahead. So DCFC have a strong case to take it to the court of arbitration.  
The rules state that you can sell fixed assets with no real restrictions. It’s the valuation that’s the sticky point  Derby say £80m and the EFL say £60m   whos to say who correct  

Dont get me wrong I’d love for the EFL to start taking FFP seriously and nail them with a 12 or 21 points deduction. But I think they need to tighten up in their own rules before they have a strong enough case