oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

14 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Probably incredibly harsh and perhaps more reflective of what we've come to expect from Randolph... but I think he could have saved the one he let in from Townsend against West Brom. He looked maybe an inch too far to the wrong side of his goal. Their defence is definitely rotten though from what I've seen so far.

I dont think its that harsh. You would be disappointed at some of the shots he conceded (eg ayoze 2nd, the townsend goal) if he was still our keeper. Maybe thats because he was performing so well for us that we took his shot stopping for granted, West Ham defensively (well the whole team) are a disfunctional shambles. 

• Replies 34.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

It's been a decent game this Shrewsbury Liverpool game. I think it highlights how important Van Dijk is for them this season as Matip and Lovren have been exposed on several occasions. Albeit a weakened Liverpool team the back 2 (arguably the most experienced part of the team) have looked dodgy.

Proper FA cup game wasn't it. Terrible own goal, the favourite looks like they got it sown up and the underdog gets back into it somehow. Very entertaining.

4 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Klopp's just said that neither he or the first team will be attending the replay at Anfield.

Way to *** on Shrewsbury's bonfire.

Really hope that the kids he does send get comfortably knocked out.

Disgusting attitude to have in my opinion. Gone way down in my estimation. Liverpool fans will defend them but it shows so much disrespect to both the competition and the opposition. 

• Like 1

I think it's more the position he's doing it from that is the frustrating thing. If it was a struggling lower-end team struggling to find the energy in their squad to play their way out of trouble, you'd have some sympathy. Liverpool are running away with the league and have some decent players coming through the youth ranks along with a pretty good squad behind their initial first-choice 11.

Replays are still relevant in the FA Cup due to the difference it can make to the coffers to teams like Shrewsbury. But yes, for teams who play in more competitions throughout the season, especially the Champions League winners who have the CWC to contend with too, it must feel like the season never breaks off sometimes. I'm not wholly against what Klopp is saying but it's difficult to change the system and maintain the value of what a replay can mean for a lower league team that busts their gut just to earn a chance to play at some of the best grounds in the country.

But he's also dismissing the FA Cup as an important competition due to replays. That's not a manager taking a competition seriously. The fact he himself won't even attend the game is a bit laughable, you can visibly see the difference between the way youngsters played against Villa in the Carabao Cup and how they've done in the FA Cup so far with Klopp on the side-lines managing them and it's not like he's still running about the pitch for 90 minutes. If he wants to play the kids, fine, no problem with that really. But at least lead by example and show up yourself to manage your team. I can't understand why any Liverpool fan would be happy with Klopp not bothering to turn up to this one.

• Like 4

He's hiding behind the Premier League as they put the mini winther break in and told clubs to respct it by not playing any games that week. The FA then put a replay in there and Klopp is now saying he is pulling out due to respect of the Premier League official message that clubs shouldn't play a game. Absoolutely ridiculous. Rest players as every club do but at least have the decency to turn up yourself. It's a stupid statement to make and it wouldn't surprise me if he is doing it in the hope of getting banned from the competition next. If it was about money like the Club World Cup I have no doubt that Liverpool would react in a different way.

On 1/27/2020 at 2:44 AM, Neverbefore said:

Disgusting attitude to have in my opinion. Gone way down in my estimation. Liverpool fans will defend them but it shows so much disrespect to both the competition and the opposition. 

He's always been like that. He gets protrayed as a loveable smiley German who loves football and he is - when they are winning. But when he loses he is one of the worst sore losers in the game. The stupid excuses he comes up with. The grass is too long. It was windy. It's the same for both sides. I dislike how the media lap him up when he is one of the most salty people around. People just don't see it very often because of the success he has had.

He knew when the replay was to be played. If he really needed the players to have the time off then pick a better team and show his opponents a bit more respect.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Tony said:

He's always been like that. He gets protrayed as a loveable smiley German who loves football and he is - when they are winning. But when he loses he is one of the worst sore losers in the game. The stupid excuses he comes up with. The grass is too long. It was windy. It's the same for both sides. I dislike how the media lap him up when he is one of the most salty people around. People just don't see it very often because of the success he has had.

He knew when the replay was to be played. If he really needed the players to have the time off then pick a better team and show his opponents a bit more respect.

I'd actually thought he'd came across really well in the post match on the BBC, saying a draw was the least Shrewsbury deserved.

Made a change from the other times I've seen him after they slip up.

Obviously minutes later he spat his dummy out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tony said:

“Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser”...... Vince Lombardi 

It’s a common trait with high achievers 

13 minutes ago, Uwe said:

“Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser”...... Vince Lombardi 

It’s a common trait with high achievers 

Wonder how many people here are going to know who Vince Lombardi is, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Klopp is making a stand, i personally think his idea for no replays, lowest ranked team at home would be better than the system we have, our performance against Fulham was effected by the efforts in the replay, not saying we would have gotten anything from the game but we looked tired.

Liverpool could play the game during their non playing CL week but BTsport won't be allowing that.

we'll get to the Euro's this summer and say all our players are knackered we should do something about it, Pep & Klopp are trying to, for selfish reasons but it's still the right decision. (IMO)