oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

The new season of Sunderland Till I die has just been released is anyone wants a laugh 

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

The new season of Sunderland Till I die has just been released is anyone wants a laugh 

Could well be us soon so I wouldn’t be so cocky😪

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Could well be us soon so I wouldn’t be so cocky😪

It's alright I reckon this season will most likely be voided so we can scrap this season from time 😅

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

It's alright I reckon this season will most likely be voided so we can scrap this season from time 😅

It won’t be. Uefa have already said that all leagues must finish and the 30 June has been scrapped. Could play into august if needed I think. 

12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It won’t be. Uefa have already said that all leagues must finish and the 30 June has been scrapped. Could play into august if needed I think. 

I didn't see this but am glad if it's true.

39 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I didn't see this but am glad if it's true.

They’ve had a video conference with the 55 members and agreed to scrap the normal deadline allowing for national leagues to play into the summer months. 

The Belgian league is being cancelled and Club Brugge are crowned as champions. They have yet to figure out how relegation and promotion is sealed.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:25 PM, Borodane said:

The Belgian league is being cancelled and Club Brugge are crowned as champions. They have yet to figure out how relegation and promotion is sealed.

Doesn't that go directly against UEFA saying all leagues must finish?

16 hours ago, Brunners said:

Doesn't that go directly against UEFA saying all leagues must finish?

Yes it does. Seems like the Belgian league pulled the trigger too soon because they have been summoned into a meeting with uefa after uefa said they would ban clubs for next season if the leagues were cancelled. 

10 hours ago, Borodane said:

Yes it does. Seems like the Belgian league pulled the trigger too soon because they have been summoned into a meeting with uefa after uefa said they would ban clubs for next season if the leagues were cancelled. 

woopsie!

Liverpool are getting a lot of flack for furloughing their non-playing staff, whilst paying the players their full salary. I’m sure I’ve read that Boro have done something similar, yet another case of the big clubs getting all the attention. 

54 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Liverpool are getting a lot of flack for furloughing their non-playing staff, whilst paying the players their full salary. I’m sure I’ve read that Boro have done something similar, yet another case of the big clubs getting all the attention. 

Liverpool recently posted profits that was in the tens of millions. They don’t need to furlough non-playing staff as they can afford to comfortably pay them. They are expecting the ordinary tax payer to pay their staff wages so they can hang on to their millions. It’s morally wrong to go down this route when they can well afford to pay the wages.

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

Liverpool recently posted profits that was in the tens of millions. They don’t need to furlough non-playing staff as they can afford to comfortably pay them. They are expecting the ordinary tax payer to pay their staff wages so they can hang on to their millions. It’s morally wrong to go down this route when they can well afford to pay the wages.

I think our players earn enough to do their bit for the club. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think our players earn enough to do their bit for the club. 

I don’t disagree with you billy. The players could help the non-playing staff out for sure

• Like 1

Read a thing before by the secret footballer going through that conception that players are loaded. He said that the majority of footballers (especially the high earning ones) have most of their money going directly into investments, property, etc and only get a living stipend out of it (apart from house/car purchase), and that if you cut their income then they can be just as broke as others due to money being tied up. Also there was an element of sob story about it when you have a large wage you tend to have large commitments and may lose your toys.