Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

The new season of Sunderland Till I die has just been released is anyone wants a laugh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

The new season of Sunderland Till I die has just been released is anyone wants a laugh 

Could well be us soon so I wouldn’t be so cocky😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Could well be us soon so I wouldn’t be so cocky😪

It's alright I reckon this season will most likely be voided so we can scrap this season from time 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

It's alright I reckon this season will most likely be voided so we can scrap this season from time 😅

It won’t be. Uefa have already said that all leagues must finish and the 30 June has been scrapped. Could play into august if needed I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It won’t be. Uefa have already said that all leagues must finish and the 30 June has been scrapped. Could play into august if needed I think. 

I didn't see this but am glad if it's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I didn't see this but am glad if it's true.

They’ve had a video conference with the 55 members and agreed to scrap the normal deadline allowing for national leagues to play into the summer months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Belgian league is being cancelled and Club Brugge are crowned as champions. They have yet to figure out how relegation and promotion is sealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 1:25 PM, Borodane said:

The Belgian league is being cancelled and Club Brugge are crowned as champions. They have yet to figure out how relegation and promotion is sealed.

Doesn't that go directly against UEFA saying all leagues must finish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Brunners said:

Doesn't that go directly against UEFA saying all leagues must finish?

Yes it does. Seems like the Belgian league pulled the trigger too soon because they have been summoned into a meeting with uefa after uefa said they would ban clubs for next season if the leagues were cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Borodane said:

Yes it does. Seems like the Belgian league pulled the trigger too soon because they have been summoned into a meeting with uefa after uefa said they would ban clubs for next season if the leagues were cancelled. 

woopsie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool are getting a lot of flack for furloughing their non-playing staff, whilst paying the players their full salary. I’m sure I’ve read that Boro have done something similar, yet another case of the big clubs getting all the attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Liverpool are getting a lot of flack for furloughing their non-playing staff, whilst paying the players their full salary. I’m sure I’ve read that Boro have done something similar, yet another case of the big clubs getting all the attention. 

Liverpool recently posted profits that was in the tens of millions. They don’t need to furlough non-playing staff as they can afford to comfortably pay them. They are expecting the ordinary tax payer to pay their staff wages so they can hang on to their millions. It’s morally wrong to go down this route when they can well afford to pay the wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

Liverpool recently posted profits that was in the tens of millions. They don’t need to furlough non-playing staff as they can afford to comfortably pay them. They are expecting the ordinary tax payer to pay their staff wages so they can hang on to their millions. It’s morally wrong to go down this route when they can well afford to pay the wages.

I think our players earn enough to do their bit for the club. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think our players earn enough to do their bit for the club. 

I don’t disagree with you billy. The players could help the non-playing staff out for sure

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read a thing before by the secret footballer going through that conception that players are loaded. He said that the majority of footballers (especially the high earning ones) have most of their money going directly into investments, property, etc and only get a living stipend out of it (apart from house/car purchase), and that if you cut their income then they can be just as broke as others due to money being tied up. Also there was an element of sob story about it when you have a large wage you tend to have large commitments and may lose your toys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Very honest and damming assessment from Warnock from the presser this morning.  I appricate him saying it as it is tho and not sugar coating the situation. I bet he thinks we're doomed privately after now seeing how dire our squad and situation is.   
    • I think them players will get prepared on the referee, theres no way I dont think Warnock will let that happen again where the opposing players played the referee perfectly and us be absolute naive idiots by doing things like putting hands on players in around our box, not going down when opposition are attacking when we feel a touch if the ref is blowing for everything and us tactical fouling near half way line, when the opposing teams getting momentum if the opposition is doing it to us. 
    • I have to go with my heart and say we're going to get beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat...   A win here will put us right back on track for survival. QPR have very little to play for, so I'll go 2-1 Boro (as long as we don't have an American football game/ref again)
    • Well we managed against Stoke... 😉   Hmm. Guess my optimism isn't completely dead yet.
    • Questions Score predictions for this one? God I really don't know. I've given up trying to predict what Boro will do in any given game. QPR are on a bad run of form...but we're hardly on a good one. Like the Hull game I think it'll be a case of whoever is marginally less crap wins. Still have a flicker of hope so: Boro 1 - 0 QPR.   Lineups for the game?   Will Warnock keep us safe? Will he be here next year if he does? Too close to call. If he does manage to keep us up, I reckon he'll stay...as long as Gibson doesn't try to cut his salary in half, like he did with Pulis.   Do we even deserve to stay up if we rely on other teams being handed points deductions? Most definitely not.   Do you prefer to have your Saturday ruined or your Sunday ruined? Saturday - cos then I at least have Sunday to get over my disappointment...before I have to start thinking about work again.
×
×
  • Create New...