• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, ladyspite said:

3 up. But only matters if Wigan actually lose 12 points...... its not written in stone....

It should be though LS, rules should be the same for everyone, all clubs are having to go through this pandemic.  

Just now, ladyspite said:

3 up. But only matters if Wigan actually lose 12 points...... its not written in stone....

We can't bank om Wigan being deducted points. There is a legal appeal being considered due to a clause saying unless you can show good reason beyond your control. They are going to appeal on the grounds of Covid 

Just now, ballyclover said:

We can't bank om Wigan being deducted points. There is a legal appeal being considered due to a clause saying unless you can show good reason beyond your control. They are going to appeal on the grounds of Covid 

Where does that leave everyone, does that mean every other club that's struggling can go into administration and appeal on grounds of Covid its wrong we're all going through it.

• Like 1

Until the points deduction actually happens, we shouldn't factor it in. They will be challenging the deduction, so we will need to wait and see what happens with their appeal.

That said the results today are certainly going in our favour, however they are meaningless unless we win/draw tomorrow.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yes completely right. I really fear what Eze and bright-samuel will do to our full backs.

Warnock highlighted them two as the real dangers in his presser today. Was asled about Hugill and said he done well and quickly moved on to Eze n Samuel. Said they will cause us more problems than Hull did going forward so we need to be on it.

Read this link, honestly there is no chance of Wigan not getting deducted the 12pts this season and now I totally understand why the EFL have come out with their strong statement.

I really sorry for the Wigan fans as how shocking the club has been getting run. 

Unfortunately the blame has got to be put on the EFL shoulders. How they approved this type of takeover is beyond me. 

Hell I'm a compassionate man, deduct Wigan 12 points relegate them, then give them the 12 points back next season on appeal, thus starting League1 12 points clear, that's always been my problem too big hearted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Read this link, honestly there is no chance of Wigan not getting deducted the 12pts this season and now I totally understand why the EFL have come out with their strong statement.

I really sorry for the Wigan fans as how shocking the club has been getting run. 

Unfortunately the blame has got to be put on the EFL shoulders. How they approved this type of takeover is beyond me. 

EFL is an absolute joke. I don’t understand how it’s so bad at running it’s three divisions.

35 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Until the points deduction actually happens, we shouldn't factor it in. They will be challenging the deduction, so we will need to wait and see what happens with their appeal.

That said the results today are certainly going in our favour, however they are meaningless unless we win/draw tomorrow.

Will they be challenging the deduction? I thought the rumours were that their owner was banking on them being relegated?

It sounds about as certain as a deduction can get from what I've read.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Will they be challenging the deduction? I thought the rumours were that their owner was banking on them being relegated?

It sounds about as certain as a deduction can get from what I've read.

That’s the impression I’ve gotten too, I’m not incredibly knowledgable about the situation tho 

26 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I saw that too, but by deducting the 12 points and condemning Wigan to relegation, the EFL are effectively letting the new owner win the massive bet that he has placed. Surely the owner should be punished, not the club, it’s an absolute scandal. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

What for a very dubious owner putting them into administration. As much as its unfair on their supporters they need to be punished with more than 12 points to make other owners realise you cant get away with it.