oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Pulisic for Chelsea is very reminiscent of Juninho. Watching him play brings back memories.

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Based on what I've read, the EFL might have some difficulty in establishing that their fit and proper person test has been applied properly in this case or is even fit for purpose at all.  The EFL, of course, will do everything in their power to not be blamed for anything or be held accountable for anything because unfortunately that's their mentality - all of the power but none of the responsibility.  And another set of fans gets shafted.

This also comes into my thinking, I don't see the EFL overturning a decision when it fundamentally comes down to their test failing. If they do overturn their decision, they have to acknowledge the test failed. Wigan getting relegated doesn't seem to me as big a story as Bury going out of business. There's the time-frame of entering administration with Wigan which is mad for sure but I'm not sure this is directly heading towards being dissolved, however much relegation right now could put any club in serious trouble.

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

This also comes into my thinking, I don't see the EFL overturning a decision when it fundamentally comes down to their test failing. If they do overturn their decision, they have to acknowledge the test failed. Wigan getting relegated doesn't seem to me as big a story as Bury going out of business. There's the time-frame of entering administration with Wigan which is mad for sure but I'm not sure this is directly heading towards being dissolved, however much relegation right now could put any club in serious trouble.

It's a bigger story if it turns out it's all to win a bet somewhere.  Think about it, we're not talking about match fixing, we're talking about season fixing or competition fixing.  Bury going out of business was a disgrace and the EFL were at least partly responsible, even if they wash their hands of it all though of course.

Sounds like Chris Hughton is also a strong possibility.

Whoever it is, I hope they take over after Saturday.

• Like 1

The Daily Mail has reported “Burnley are unlikely to recall record signing Ben Gibson from exile despite only having two fit centre backs”.

I think the wording is interesting that he is in exile as opposed to AWOL or refusing to be involved etc.

11 minutes ago, Blanco said:

The Daily Mail has reported “Burnley are unlikely to recall record signing Ben Gibson from exile despite only having two fit centre backs”.

I think the wording is interesting that he is in exile as opposed to AWOL or refusing to be involved etc.

I'm not sure I'd read too much into the wording used by the Daily Mail!  I suspect that there is fault on both sides - just like there was with us and Braithwaite. 

1 minute ago, White Band said:

I'm not sure I'd read too much into the wording used by the Daily Mail!  I suspect that there is fault on both sides - just like there was with us and Braithwaite. 

TBH Daily Mail sport is usually pretty good & shouldn't necessarily be tarnished with the same brush as the rest of the DM.

37 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Charlton beating Brentford.

Luton beating Barnsley.

Fair play to Charlton.  I thought they looked to be the worst team we've played against this season.

Some great goals in this Watford v Norwich game! I'm loving having some premier league games on tighta*** TV.  

30 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Fair play to Charlton.  I thought they looked to be the worst team we've played against this season.

They'll be almost out of reach soon. 

4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

They'll be almost out of reach soon. 

Mental, isn't it 🤦‍♂️