oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

We could do much worse than Bowyer imo. He's had some major crap to deal with this season and seems to have come out of it stronger

Phew both games are 1-1 now

2-1 Brentford 

Good results again. It’s so close at the bottom, one minute Charlton looking safe, now just 2 points ahead of us. 
Hate this irrational hope I have. I look at the table, imagine 3 points tomorrow and feel confident that we will be okay. Then remember the last 2 matches and think we’re going to get thumped. 

• Like 1

Again some good results for us just as they were on Saturday. And again i fear we wont take advantage.

These clubs near the  bottom don't want to be giving us chances like this, our players will be like a pack of hungry wolves tomorrow, you know what they're like when they get a sniff its frightening :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Some ok results for us there.  Now it's up to us to do our job.

And in that sentence, the hope has faded 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-update-wigan-athletic/

Here is the latest statement by the EFL on the Wigan situation. I agree with a lot of what they say up until they start trying to defend their fit and proper test.

The last section is the exact reason Wigan won't win their appeal. The EFL simply refuse to acknowledge that their set of tests is not fit for purpose. They even then mention another case where that was evident (Bury).

5 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The last section is the exact reason Wigan won't win their appeal. The EFL simply refuse to acknowledge that their set of tests is not fit for purpose. They even then mention another case where that was evident (Bury).

The appeal doesn't go to the EFL, it goes to an independent board.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• The Mackems I know are all delighted he's gone.  The football was terrible apparently, amongst other things.
    • Respectfully disagree. Two thousand people make most of the noise in the Riverside, so if we just let Red Faction in, I doubt the players would notice any difference in atmosphere compared to a pre-COVID matchday!
    • There are some really weird things happening in my web browser - and as I typed that sentence, I suddenly got an 'advert' from Sky which I couldn't click back from, and had to close the browser to get rid of. On full-screen, ads are making the on-page content appear less than half a page wide, but when I have the OB forum half-screen in Chrome (on a Windows 10 PC), I have to scroll left and right to read every post. The uncancellable pop-up ads are also getting quite annoying. Screen grab attached for reference. (I am a Sky broadband customer, BTW) 
    • I'm not sure a couple of thousand people will make much of a difference?  I can't say I'm too bothered about going back until everyone is going to be back, if for no other reason than the atmosphere will be rubbish.  May as well just stay at home and watch it on a stream.
    • When a ball is hammered in and it's slightly bobbling, it isn't easy to control where it goes when you get contact on it.  Some of you must play football at a decent standard so you would already know this.  If you don't believe me, go in your garden and get someone to smash balls across to you while you try and slide in and see how often you get the ball to go where you want it to.  It looks easy because it's right in front of the goal obviously, but when you're stretching and the ball is coming in at pace, it is never quite that easy.  That's not me defending Assombalonga, cos he should have scored at least once in the first half either way in my opinion.  As for the penalty, he should have had one before that.  He got shoved by a defender in the area, then when he shoved the defender back, the ref blew for a freekick to them, which is ridiculous.  Akpom will be in against Swansea I expect as Warnock seems to be rotating them.