oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

As an outside bet for relegation, come on Preston and beat Sheffield Wednesday. 

Wigan have won.  Could stay up even if they get the points deduction. 

Does anybody know the team with the highest points to get relegated from the championship? Definitely looks like it could be broken this year

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Does anybody know the team with the highest points to get relegated from the championship? Definitely looks like it could be broken this year

Was it Peterborough with 56?

4 minutes ago, White Band said:

Wigan have won.  Could stay up even if they get the points deduction. 

Would still be 5 points from safety, with only 12 to play for.

But they've got 3 very winnable fixtures against relegation rivals, so it could happen.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Would still be 5 points from safety, with only 12 to play for.

But they've got 3 very winnable fixtures.

They could easily get 9 points from next 3 games.  Play Barnsley, Hull then Charlton. 

4 minutes ago, White Band said:

Bristol City held on to beat Hull.  Good result for us 

Makes me little bit sad we diddnt either get a draw or beat hull, giving us an extra point and taking 2 off Hull as the table stands would land them in massive trouble. 

4 minutes ago, thomas said:

Makes me little bit sad we diddnt either get a draw or beat hull, giving us an extra point and taking 2 off Hull as the table stands would land them in massive trouble. 

We're still ahead of them.  Just need to make sure teams below us don't pick up more points than we do. Some of them play each other, unfortunately, so we need to somehow make sure we pick up more points.  A win and a draw might just be enough as long as losses don't dent our goal difference too much.  Think we probably need to somehow get two wins, though.

14 minutes ago, White Band said:

They could easily get 9 points from next 3 games.  Play Barnsley, Hull then Charlton. 

Playing those three teams is probably good new for us. The more points Wigan get, the more it keeps the others in the mire. The probably points deduction will mean  Wigan can’t relax as they could otherwise maybe do. Best result might be if they beat Hull and Charlton and draw against Barnsley. That would help keep those three teams down and only leave Wigan potentially one point more that we currently have.

dont forget Wednesday aren’t necessarily safe. League supposed to rule on their ground sale this week and if they do, any points deduction would leave them in trouble, especially as they are in poor form. A loss against Preston tonight would be a good result.

Dont like idea of relying on points deductions to keep us up and hope it doesn’t come to that. I would take it though over a relegation.

sheffield wednesday went from 1-0 up to losing 2-1. They are in serious trouble if they get a points deduction

Just looked at Dirty Leeds remaining fixtures......now torn between wanting them to win at least 3 games...or just willing them to do their Devon Loch routine (one for the oldies)....very conflicted