Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

Non-Boro Football

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Villa are going to be in a mess next season already overspent the 2 seasons before plus another 150 odd million this season. I wonder how lenient the FL will be with them. 

It will be interesting to see if the EFL ignore  this blatant Disregard of FFP displayed by Villa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51738406

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Article in the Athletic this morning saying Morris borrowed £80m from an alleged  crook to buy Pride Park. They really are a horrible club. They are going to be in such a mess next season.

Regardless of mistakes made by Gibson we know he has the money to support us. Only FFP limits how much he can put in 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

yeah, it's a solid approach, build slowly and limit the risk

That’s great but if it doesn’t work out (let’s not forget that the premier league is incredibly hard and competitive) then very large sections of the fans and some media will scream out the lack of investment/ambition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder when we will hear anything about the Wednesday situation, if there indeed is one? And when will there be a ruling on Wigans appeal? It would be nice to get that done with, so we know what we can count on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, edinboro said:

Article in the Athletic this morning saying Morris borrowed £80m from an alleged  crook to buy Pride Park. They really are a horrible club. They are going to be in such a mess next season.

Regardless of mistakes made by Gibson we know he has the money to support us. Only FFP limits how much he can put in 

Even if there's nothing inherently wrong with borrowing the money (as far as I know, borrowing/lending happens all the time in business? I don't run a business though so someone please correct me) and there's nothing illegal with this incident (besides the valuation issue) it still goes to show the kind of person Mel Morris is choosing as his bed fellows.

The guy he loaned from is facing up to 15 years in prison for god sake.

Also Derby fans are really trying to convince themselves this is a big ball of nothing (which it might be). Even as far as to say "It may also back up the fair value of the sale price? Why would someone lend Mel £81m if it's only worth £60m...?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Even if there's nothing inherently wrong with borrowing the money (as far as I know, borrowing/lending happens all the time in business? I don't run a business though so someone please correct me) and there's nothing illegal with this incident (besides the valuation issue) it still goes to show the kind of person Mel Morris is choosing as his bed fellows.

The guy he loaned from is facing up to 15 years in prison for god sake.

Also Derby fans are really trying to convince themselves this is a big ball of nothing (which it might be). Even as far as to say "It may also back up the fair value of the sale price? Why would someone lend Mel £81m if it's only worth £60m...?"

A little bit of walking around money @Brunners 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not sure what world he's worth £80m in, mind.

He's an overrated diver.

The same world in which Jadon Sancho is worth over £100,000,000 and the same world which pays Mesut Ozil £270,000 a week to not give a rat's ass about Arsenal. A very, very wrong world.

Edited by RiseAgainst
Crap proofreading before posting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

The same world in which Jadon Sancho is worth over £100,000, and the same world which pays Mesut Ozil £270,000 a week to not give a rat's ass about Arsenal. A very, very wrong world.

i assume you mean 100k a week cause Sancho is definitely worth more than £100,000 as a sale price 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

i assume you mean 100k a week cause Sancho is definitely worth more than £100,000 as a sale price 😛

D'oh! I meant £100,000,000 as a selling fee, but I forgot some of the zeroes.

Mind you, I should be used to seeing lots of zeroes this season. Goals for, expected goals, marks out of ten...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Uwe said:

It will be interesting to see if the EFL ignore  this blatant Disregard of FFP displayed by Villa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51738406

They have already been cleared by the EFL following promotion. They sold their stadium for 56 million and 30 million was promotion related costs which apparently counts against the deficit however weird that sounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uwe said:

That’s great but if it doesn’t work out (let’s not forget that the premier league is incredibly hard and competitive) then very large sections of the fans and some media will scream out the lack of investment/ambition

let them, explain the reasons behind the approach and tell them it's in the best interest of the club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

let them, explain the reasons behind the approach and tell them it's in the best interest of the club

But this won’t wash with the more sceptical of the fans. 
 This wasn’t a pop at your idea of how to maintain a clubs stability whilst trying to push for promotion as I agree it’s the golden egg solution of how to do it. Just it’s a tightrope the chairman/financiers need to walk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tifo football have a really good podcast (roughly 30 minutes long) about the Wigan situation. It's really well explained (better than my long post) and has some newer information about the situation than when I delved into it about a week ago. Have a listen if you can.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely to be a lot of nonsense but there's a few rumours on twitter that Sheffield Wednesday may go into administration today. Theres certainly been issues recently such as failing to pay some of the team on time a couple of weeks ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conflicted on who I want to win tonight in the huddersfield vs luton match. If Luton lose then it's almost impossible for them to overtake us. But of huddersfield lose then theres more teams still in danger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Coulson’s lack of playing time has been mentioned once or twice. Sounds as though Warnock felt he needed a kick up the proverbial:- Extracts from Gazette interview with NW Neil Warnock says the penny has dropped for Hayden Coulson, with the wing-back now showing the Middlesbrough manager what he's capable of. Coulson hasn't featured much because he hasn't impressed in training, is the honest assessment of Warnock. But in the last fortnight that's changed. He's got to be better than what he was in pre-season. It's my fault as well, I played him right wing-back against Barnsey and he had a nightmare, that was my fault. "But he's not been good in training. But the last two weeks all of a sudden something has dropped and he's been fantastic."
    • What's happening with Traore at Wolves?  Doesn't seem to be getting in the side?
    • there is the risk that focussing on the u23 league, prevents them going out on loan to develop in a real competitve environment
    • RIP Nobby. One of the greats. Who can ever forget that toothless smile😁
    • I watched him play. I enjoyed the 70,s. Boom what a guy, Platt and Spraggon but one can’t forget seeing Graeme Souness and Mills. In the 70,s we had some great players and it’s unfair not to name all them so will leave it there., RIP NOBBY...... 
×
×
  • Create New...